Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

It's that time of year again

999cop said:

nah i dun think its a bad thing learning more than one language, just like where im from, must learn 2 languages at school, but its educations suck big time, didn't learn the stuff very deeply. Actually, i'd admire that about the whole living in finnish and forced to learn swedish thing, must got some masterful learning skills to fit it the situation

Never said it's a bad thing to learn more than one language. Heck, I can speak both English and German (the latter not so well unfortunately). It's the fact that you have to learn such a horrible language as Swedish - it's about as horrible as my own language.

fodders said:

Sic 'im cop

huh? :-)

dsm said:

It's the fact that you have to learn such a horrible language as Swedish - it's about as horrible as my own language.

Why is Swedish such a horrible language to learn? btw, I don't think German is a horrible language, either.

999cop said:

huh? :-)Why is Swedish such a horrible language to learn? btw, I don't think German is a horrible language, either.

The pronounciation is absofuckinglutely terrible and you can hear that whenever a Swede speaks English - just like my own language.

And German kicks arse.

ah that just depends on one's capibilities of learning and need time to get used to it

GooberMan said:

I was good at creative writing. I still like to read. Didn't stop me from failing English in my high school finals though :P Stupid Great Gatsby, Streetcar Named Desire, Death of a Salesman... what relevance do those books/plays have to Australian culture? Here's an answer: NONE.

gn00!!! Those are CLASSICS, my man! They defy the artificial boundaries of land and sea...

heh, those are Aerican and it's called English Lit. So Australia? See teh pattern here?

999cop said:

ah that just depends on one's capibilities of learning and need time to get used to it

I don't dislike Swedish because I have diffculties pronouncing things in Swedish (I have difficulties, but only because I'm not interested in trying to improve my Swedish pronounciation) - I just don't like the sound of the pronounciation - just like some people don't like German because they think it sounds terrible.

dsm said:

I don't dislike Swedish because I have diffculties pronouncing things in Swedish (I have difficulties, but only because I'm not interested in trying to improve my Swedish pronounciation) - I just don't like the sound of the pronounciation - just like some people don't like German because they think it sounds terrible.

hehe, guess i should stay out of this euro involvement then :)

Over here in England we have GCSE's as well. It sucks. These last couple of years have been the best of my life I think. And now it's all over. My life will never be the same again. Plus I have bigass exams coming up, and i've gotta do well, coz if I do, I get real Jamaican cigar leaf and tobacco, specially imported. I think I'm gonna fail 3 of them but do really well on the others, but unfortunately that just doesn't look very good, having three fails. So I'm having to work my balls off if I want that good shit.

Sure, pritch those books may be classics, one problem, he's right, they have no relevance to aussie culture. Yet we are forced to study shit like that, hell especially in most of my classes, work was based on american or british stuff, we learn everything about everywhere else but jack about THE COUNTRY WE ACTUALLY FUCKING LIVE IN! :@
And on the other end, other countries (Ok, I'm only assuming here) learn all about their country but never about australia. Ask a foreigner about australia and they'll say, either (a) Thats the country with those ski slopes isn't it? (b) ah, the place with kangaroo's (c) THE CROCIDILE HUNTER! THATS HIS PLACE (or, the CrocoDummy in my opinion) (d) what?.

On the other hand ask an australian about america and they'll know 75% of the freakin questions. :@.

*Baz stops ranting.

We don't learn too damn much about our own country here either. That's because we're expected to find out about our own country on our own - we live in our country, so we're free to go out and explore it ourselves.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Ask a foreigner about australia and they'll say, either...

Well, over here (UK) they're likely to say "That's where "Neigbours" and "Home and Away" come from" or maybe Kylie Minogue.

Enjay said:

Well, over here (UK) they're likely to say "That's where "Neigbours" and "Home and Away" come from" or maybe Kylie Minogue.

Not forgetting, of course, Holly Valance.

oh, yeah, okay, and those...but well those aren't very good.....except for kylie and holly.....but don't mention those shows to me ever again :P ugh. I wish we weren't known for those shows. :P

ugh.....He's a character on one of those shows isn't he? I thought I said..........ah :P whatever, although: YOU watch those shows? oh dear 0_0, beyond help, you are :P

Off topic:

IMJack said ten days ago:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lüt said:
For now everybody seems to have agreed to a 10-day extension, so that's the next internal goal: 10 days, May18th. We'll see, no guarantee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millennium on my birthday? Kick-ass!

I just remembered that it's IMJack's birthday today (May 18), so happy bday IMJack and sorry that I'm so damn late!

Off-topic replies should usually have their own separate topic :P

ZarcyB said:

Off-topic replies should usually have their own separate topic :P

You mean that IMJack's birthday is an excuse for me to post a whole new topic (no offence to IMJack intended)? Alrighty then.

dsm said:

You mean that IMJack's birthday is an excuse for me to post a whole new topic (no offence to IMJack intended)? Alrighty then.

Please no.

To make all this birthday stuff related to the topic: Most of you guys oughta be happy that your birthdays don't happen to be placed smack in the middle of your exam period.
To me, nothing takes out the joy of your birthday than knowing that you've got plenty of boring reading to do to prepare for an exam.

orion said:

I told you it wasn't going to be released.

Only because I have been away of my computer several days.

dsm said:

To make all this birthday stuff related to the topic: Most of you guys oughta be happy that your birthdays don't happen to be placed smack in the middle of your exam period.
To me, nothing takes out the joy of your birthday than knowing that you've got plenty of boring reading to do to prepare for an exam.

Yeah, I suppose I'm quite lucky because my birthday's right smack bang in the middle of summer break :D

Zaldron said:

Only because I have been away of my computer several days.

omg, lut brainwashed zaldron into taking the fault for millennium not being released.