Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Great god,

There are so many '93 and '94 DooM stuff surfacing? What's next, for DooM's 22nd birthday John Romero is going to release DoomEd? Post your thoughts on what is going to be surfaced.

Paul Radek popping out and released the DMX library source code under the WTFPL.

Gez said:

Paul Radek popping out and released the DMX library source code under the WTFPL.

Paul Radek popping out and suing Raven for releasing some of the API calls in Heretic/Hexen :v

Gez said:

Has anyone tried asking Romero to see if he has a copy, and if so, is willing to release it? Surely any NDAs would have lapsed by this point.

Intellectual property law isn't based on non-disclosure agreements...

The issue here is copyright. And if you think a mere twenty-odd years is enough for copyright to lapse, you're in for quite a shock. The copyright on DMX will last for 70 years after Paul Radek's death.

Gez said:

Intellectual property law isn't based on non-disclosure agreements...

The issue here is copyright. And if you think a mere twenty-odd years is enough for copyright to lapse, you're in for quite a shock. The copyright on DMX will last for 70 years after Paul Radek's death.

I agree that NDA was the wrong term to use; I'm also very much aware of the length of copyrights and have no issue with that.

A copyright is not exactly the issue; the legal agreement that Radek made with id is what the issue would be. This is what I'm fishing for. What were the details of this agreement? Has anyone at id ever specified? Radek could most certainly still hold his copyrights while giving permission for the DMX code to be released with a new legal agreement. As I said, the issue is with the details of his and id's legal document.

Doom 1 and 2 are finally made free to download for everybody officially.

Considering id is now part of Bethesda, and they did that with Arena/Daggerfall in years past......

Failing that, John Romero goes back to making Doom wads!

Suitepee said:

Doom 1 and 2 are finally made free to download for everybody officially.

Considering id is now part of Bethesda, and they did that with Arena/Daggerfall in years past......

A Reason for people to see it Boring,eventhough they are already :P

Suitepee said:

John Romero should make a mapset for Doom's 22nd anniversary, I'd definitely play that.

Considering a majority of those photos and lost graphics are known, I suspect there isn't much left to see as far as doom 1 and 2 goes.