Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

How do cacodemons fly?

Their spherical shape evidently gives them the power to subvert planetary gravity to their locomotive convenience.

Maybe they have blue blood because they're the nobility of Hell? Otherwise I'd favour the hemocyanin explanation.

NoXion said:
Maybe they have blue blood because they're the nobility of Hell?

I wager it has something to do with Democrats, otherwise they would have nothing to do with Bill Clinton.

myk said:

I wager it has something to do with Democrats, otherwise they would have nothing to do with Bill Clinton.

What have they to do with Bill Clinton? They always try to kill me, not suck me off.

If a Caco floats in the woods, and no one is around to see it, does it still float?

The answer is yes.

End of thread.

Memfis said:

How do cacodemons fly if they have no wings? They need some way to gain momentum and stay up in the air.

Didn't you explain it yourself already, not a year ago?

That crazy stuff like useless posts, so far removed from useful things like playing DOOM...

NoXion said:
They always try to kill me, not suck me off.

No wonder. You were doing it wrong, you had to suck the cacos off.

Psht, kids nowadays, they don't know political history and don't know their DOOM add-on history!

By hot air from the Cyberdemons hot breath, they blow them up like balloons.

myk said:

No wonder. You were doing it wrong, you had to suck the cacos off.

Goddamn it, myk! stop giving away speedrunning secrets to the unwashed masses!! At least let 'em find out on their own if you're required to swallow or not.

TheCupboard said:

Hellium.

You might be onto something. Check out this explanation about beholder flight from TSR's "I, Tyrant" sourcebook (part of AD&D 2nd edition Monstrous Arcana series):

http://i.imgur.com/twkPy06.png?1

If you accept that cacodemons are related to beholders, then it's not hard to imagine they simply traded out the powerful beholder eyestalks for faster movement and a fireball attack. It's not even clear if the caco has their anti-magic gaze since doomguy never tried to cast spells near it. Something to find out if one of them is ever encountered in Heretic/Hexen dimension...

I don't think they're related to Beholders since the initial inspiration for Cacodemons came from Astral Dreadnoughts.

Helium. They're like helium balloons.

Avoozl said:

I don't think they're related to Beholders since the initial inspiration for Cacodemons came from Astral Dreadnoughts.

Just their faces. :/

Given they seem to deflate when you kill them (I even notice their death sound is akin to something deflating), the "they're filled with a light gas" theory is actually pretty plausible. The Icon of Sin probably designed all of the spawn, given they themselves actually seem pretty dimwitted. To the point that they attack each other if their shots happen to miss.

FireFish said:

cacodemons have two forms in their life. They enter their life a sack of skin with teeth and an eye, And when war is near the other monsters inflate them with demonium. Demonium is something like Helium. This concludes the DooM weirdness one can imagine in a second. XD

I wrote helium or derivative long before anybody else, this makes me the one and only true and original, not altered or changed, caco inflator.

joe-ilya said:

Maybe cacos have blue blood because of prince blueblood.

Please don't make me derail this thread because of THAT, joe. This is why no one likes your kind, because you keep forcing that show into places where it's unrelated. Like here, for example.

But as a reply to OP, I guess the helium theory could work. Obviously, since we know balloons only fly with helium, whoever spawned the caco could've fused the wind resistance capabilities of birds and helium together to make a free-floating creature that can fly at any height they desire until they get shot down. Let's say the caco also has a biological system to keep producing helium so it can continue to fly without running out of helium.

I think the cacodemons can fly using liquid nitrogen....yeah, with metal innards doused in the stuff, they heat up and cool down the nitrogen to enable them to float. Magic is just science with another name.

Similar to this...only in our world we haven't perfected this method yet, but it seems hell has managed too. They mightn't need a metal floor to float above because of their wily intelligence eliminating need, hence perfection. Could be done with a combination of other methods perhaps?

http://youtu.be/ffI9LeTM_8o?t=36m59s