Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

What are the worst level packs?

This might open up a cannery of worms, but I'm interested in playing some of the worst level packs. I would say total conversions, but there doesn't need to be any different graphics or new enemies. No Terry Troll wads, please.

I prefer level packs instead of single levels so I can really soak in the author.

joe-ilya, the lost maps.

:^)

The really ancient speedmapping contests they had back in the day? Those.

Scuba Steve said:

Edit: Shit I meant ZPack sucks.

What's with this hate? They're just challenging levels with ZDoom effects added in. You people are hating them like they're Call of Dooty or such.

printz said:

What's with this hate? They're just challenging levels with ZDoom effects added in. You people are hating them like they're Call of Dooty or such.

But Call of Dooty was hllarious!

This one still takes the cake for worst ever:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/s-u/sadhusct.zip

About ZPack:

The mod definitely was underwhelming as it was released. There were some levels in there that should have been dumped before release and the level order also was not the best.

There was still enough salvageable content but it required quite a bit of reworking to be fun to play.

AD_79 said:

DTS-T

No

Remiel said:

Back to Saturn X E1, E2, E3, and E5

All trash

Yes

Yeah, BTSX is the worst, at least in the "what I expected VS what I got" department. I can't remember a bigger disappointment in all pwads.

Chambers of Death packs are cool imo. Very funny\surreal and the soundtrack is just incredible. I played the first one during a difficult period in my life and at some point I just started laughing hysterically due to how ridiculous the levels were and how absurd the world seemed at that moment, it was a combination of sadness and joy. It's kind of a special wad for me because of that.

Heard a lot of similar comments about buttsex. Why was it a disappointment? cba to spend 15seconds to download the wad and check it out myself.

TheMionicDonut said:

joe-ilya, the lost maps.

Personally I'd take it further and say anything by joe-ilya :P

A bit hard to explain but basically it was a very promising-looking project with all new graphics, a unique style and some great mappers participating. I was expecting a new Alien Vendetta or something of that magnitude, then it came out and was just kinda... okay. Well-made but not even close to being mindblowing or inspiring, and very repetitive too.

Eris Falling said:

I'll be honest, the birthday map he made for me was pretty good. I just wish he'd find a niche and then stay in it.

Memfis said:

and very repetitive too.

Careful, people who played each map a hundred times and know them all by heart down to the last vertex will say that you're dumb for feeling this way

Eris Falling said:

I'd kinda agree. But his map in Nova II was pretty could to be honest.

Antroid said:

Careful, people who played each map a hundred times and know them all by heart down to the last vertex will say that you're dumb for feeling this way

oh cool, it's gonna be another one of these threads again.

oh man, this good mapset made by people I dislike doesn't meet the obscenely high standards I've set for it based off of substantial hype I've invented and projected on to the very people I dislike and who are responsible for this good mapset. and they have the nerve to suggest I have an agenda!

*submits post to thread looking for worst mapsets*

Memfis said:

Yeah, BTSX is the worst, at least in the "what I expected VS what I got" department. I can't remember a bigger disappointment in all pwads.

I'm sorry a Doom PWAD didn't cum in your mouth but you've only got yourself to blame for that expectation.