Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tompig

So I was on ebay when...

Da fuq is this...

http://tinyurl.com/p55lu38

I was looking for PC light guns to create my own mame cabinet (drop me a PM if you know any good ones, torn between the Arcadeguns.com ones and the AimTrak guys.)

and found this... thing.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

If anyone is brave (foolish) enough to buy it, for the sake of science please get it working it tell us what it does exactly.

I've seen a YouTube video of that and it looks awful. It's not a light gun, it's just a weirdly shaped joystick, and to hit the secondary button you have to take your finger off of the motion stick.

Edit:

Warning: reviewer sounds about 12.

It does open the question of 'Is the chaingun in DooM infact a HUGE pistol?'

would make sense why they have the same ammo. ./mindblown

Tompig said:

Da fuq is this...

It's a joystick.

I bought one on eBay a couple of years ago, without the software. The barrel design looks to be loosely based on a pepper-box revolver.

KEEP AWAY FROM THAT.

I've been watching it for days.

If my DOOM pewter collection purchase attempt falls through... I'm buying it. NOT YOU. oh.... hell have no mercy like someone eyeballing the same thing as I. Remember what the revenant did to doomguy at the end of the e3 expo demo? yeahhh.. you better watch it mister. walk away. WALK away.

Heh, I actually had that as a kid. I can't remember a thing about it, but I doubt I got much use out of it.

That's a damn interesting find. The look of it actually has me wondering if they used that thing for the chaingun sprites in Doom. It's a theory, right?

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Warning: reviewer sounds about 12.

D'aw that's adorable. And to be fair he's competent enough to have set up the camera in such a way so as to have both arms free. Not even Sofaholic could figure that out!

Buckshot said:

lol... had one of those, was the biggest gimmick ever.

Certainly is. For ten dollars BNIB it was hard for me to say no.