Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Doom Movie Propstore Props

I was looking around London's Propstore site again, and noticed a number of things still on their site from the Doom film. I know that guy who ran the Doom movie site collected and bought a lot of the guns from the film, but I've wondered if anyone around here as thought about adding some of the film props to their Doom collections, even though only a few items seem Doom-y or are easily recognizable from the Doom film.

Some items are under $100 bucks, and already being a toy collector that has probably spent more than that on any single lot of Jurassic Park or Star Wars toys, I've considered maybe buying some of the cheaper pieces for my modest Doom collection (If they ship to the states, that is).

There's some neat stuff up right now, like the Chainsaw, the knife Destroyer used against the Hellknight monster in the pit, a prop rifle, Portman's MP3 player and headpiece, and some cool pieces of concept art. One rather interesting piece seems to depict Pinky as an RRTS Marine instead of a receptionist.

So anyone here every buy anything from here or have thought about it? Or is it either too much or too little to add to a collection.

Sometimes I wonder why this stupid movie thought people would be using earbuds and wheelchairs in the future. And that gigantic Gameboy Advance thing in the beginning.

GoatLord said:

Sometimes I wonder why this stupid movie thought people would be using earbuds and wheelchairs in the future.

The wheel is like the lever or spoon, it's not going anywhere.

I don't want to digress from the point of this thread but I'm a little surprised how they botched the rather fundamental Doom Hell Theme but had a Chainsaw that looks like a Demon designed it.

Looks like they were channeling the Doom64 Chainsaw in design, but knowing how much the film had to do with the game, that was probably a happy accident.

GoatLord said:

Sometimes I wonder why this stupid movie thought people would be using earbuds and wheelchairs in the future. And that gigantic Gameboy Advance thing in the beginning.

Why on earth would we stop using earbuds or wheels? Doom 3 did have trucks, you know. Unless you thought trucks in the future was silly, too. Also, the gameboy thing was, apparently, a "retro designed" Space Invaders console (According to the film novelization).

Moving past how dark it was, costuming, props, and even the sets to a degree were all very well designed and built. The monster costumes were probably better representations of the monsters than seen in Doom 3. Not to mention the costumes were just well designed. As usual, Stan Winston studios does well, but I've followed prop store for years, and have never seen the monster costumes hit the site. Either they were sold early or are still being kept somewhere or by someone. I wonder if Duke's weird clunky gameboy would ever show up.

Ask them for the costumes. Buy them, wear them and take poses/pictures of all rotations so we can add them to Doom lmao...