Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recidivus

Finally Dead

Guest Recidivus

On Thursday, I was unwillingly subjected to a psychological evaluation in which it was determined that I was a verb away from clinical insanity. I have almost been expelled from school and arrested. Since then, my family has regarded me with extreme prejudice and my friends no longer wish to associate with me. The only method by which I am able to remain a member of society is by assuring those closest to me I am not suicidal, when in reality, I have never been closer.

Since then, I have found it prudent to disassociate all ties with Doom, the community, the Internet, and the people I have met within those elements. The time has come for me to concentrate on not drowning in the lake I've filled through my very own mental instablity.

Confidential to Quasar: See you in Eternity.

-- Recidivus

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO HELP THIS GUY??????????

Anyone? Does anyone know where he lives? Who to contact?

Don't do it man......

Hey Recid.. sup? You should be more optimistic.. say two adjectives, one adverb, three nouns and one verb away... and who says the 'evaluation' was even just? You seem perfectly normal to me. :)

AG is right man. Phychologists are bitches. I went to one. Bitch said I was almost the same thing you were. But look, im still alive and hating it, but it gets better everyday. Fuck your parents man. Mine do the same shit. So if you do it, were gonna hear it all over the news how the game Doom made you commit suicide.

Rec,

If this is all true, you really shouldn't come here to say this. Face it, the people here aren't the best at giving advice on much outside of games and computers. Also, it'd be best to talk to someone in your family. Tell them what's going on. I know you probably don't want to, but trust me on this, you will feel better once you've talked it out with someone who cares about you. Best of luck man.

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!! They pulled the same crap on me. And don't commit yourself to a ward either, the doctors visit you like 5 minutes every week, and the other 6 days and 23.9 hours are just wasted time. Make sure you don't 'talk' with school officials/psychologists either, they relay that crap to the rest of the staff and then you're REALLY in deep. Go to some dude who runs a private practice or something. My old shrink was really cool, we'd play modem DOOM games on my maps like twice a week. You gotta find the right one.

Guest Nitsud

How did they convince you and themselves that you are insane? Do you really behave and think insanely? Why do they care? If you can function normally in life and around people, it really doesn't matter what a pyschologist tells you. Doctors are wrong, but more importantly, doctors are human--especially doctors working in a social environment such as a school. They have biases and goals. If you match a description, they are gonna want to see you they way they want to. What's next? Tens of thousands of insane kids put in special grade-school classes. Result: special funding. I'm not sure of the whole situation, as only you can tell that. 'Needles' to say, we [not me as much, but I'm new] want you to stay. If you can show that the presence of Doom and people met by way of the community is harmful to your mental health, then please do. We'll all wish you good health. But don't let anyone bar you from your hopes and dreams this way if they are wrong. Above all, be strong through whatever happens.

Guest ViolentEd

Werd. I was kicked out of school for no good reason. They sent a letter saying to just stay home. I had the best test average in science and slept through class. Instead of going to lunch I would quietly sit in the library and read Edgar Allen Poe, and I allways questioned why teachers diddnt do things the better, more educational way. I dont do drugs, drink or cause trouble. But they just diddnt want me there for some unknown reason. Just the way it is I guess. Be one of them and mask away who you really are, or be yourself and get turned away.

WTF? I would hope that they gave you *some* reason why you were kicked out of school, I mean they can't just boot random people out willy-nilly.

ViolentEd said:

Werd. I was kicked out of school for no good reason. They sent a letter saying to just stay home. I had the best test average in science and slept through class. Instead of going to lunch I would quietly sit in the library and read Edgar Allen Poe, and I allways questioned why teachers diddnt do things the better, more educational way. I dont do drugs, drink or cause trouble. But they just diddnt want me there for some unknown reason. Just the way it is I guess. Be one of them and mask away who you really are, or be yourself and get turned away.

And don't take that as advice, or anything.. You've got to be who you really are, or else it'll come back to bite you later on in life...

I'm assuming Recidivus is serious here. I don't think we or I have much valuable advice to give you. All I can say is.. Speak out, don't let them walk all over you, and hope for the best. Praying couldn't hurt, either.. Turning to someone who cares about you is kind of hard to do, when it seems like nobody cares about you. I guess the best next step to take would be talking to your parents. Then again, who am I to talk? I'm having enough trouble talking to my mom and dad as it is. I don't have a bad life. In fact, I've got a pretty darn good life...

(Blatant bragging deleted by Linguica)

Not that I mean to brag or anything. Heck no, I'm just counting my blessings. No, we're not even wealthy or anything.

(More irrelevant personal information deleted)

It's smart financial managing. We built the house ourselves. We built our swimming pool ourselves. It took us more than 6-½ years to build our pool, but we filled it up 11 days ago, and now we're swimming in it...

Woah, I'm waaayy off topic here. What I'm saying it that it's always a good idea to count your blessings. No matter how many or how few, how great or how insignifigant the blessings are, try and think of as many as you can. It can really be a satisfying thing to do.

Guest ViolentEd
Linguica said:

WTF? I would hope that they gave you *some* reason why you were kicked out of school, I mean they can't just boot random people out willy-nilly.

I got into a bit of a tif with the guidence faculty and my friend heard about it and broke out the cafeteria windows. And eventhough it was all him, they diddnt like the fact that happened and assumed I "inspired" it. So I went back to school that monday and a teacher said some offhanded comment about it and I walked out of the class, out the doors and went home. Next day, letter telling me to stay home for the rest of the year. So...how about Doom?

Yikes!! I mean, I just played marc1.wad for Doom2. Old level. From early 1995. One of the first addons I've ever played. Sure, it's not great quality, but it's colorful, and it's not bad for a first try. This 4-level miniwad is worth a play-through. ;)

Guest Templar

In my experience the whole world is fucked up so I just accept it, lay back, and have a good laugh.

AndrewB said:

Hahahah, nice job Ling.

Now for the topic at hand... all I can say is, talk to your family. That's probably the best thing to do right now.

Guest samuel
stphrz said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO HELP THIS GUY??????????

Anyone? Does anyone know where he lives? Who to contact?

Don't do it man......

I think the best solution is to get yourself a shotgun and simply kill anybody who accidently happens to be in range.
This can be pretty relaxing, I personally always do it when I'm angry about something. Believe me, this is absolutely okay; everybody will understand.

Uhm, did I mention that I do this only in DOOM ? ;-)

Woah, not too sure what to say man, but I guess I can see how it could happen. Good luck Recidivus.

After reading the posts here from rec and violented, and an update from prower once, and countless 'saved by the bell' episodes, all I can say is the american scholastic is totally fucked up. Sorry.

Guest David_A
Cyb said:

Rec,

If this is all true, you really shouldn't come here to say this. Face it, the people here aren't the best at giving advice on much outside of games and computers. Also, it'd be best to talk to someone in your family. Tell them what's going on. I know you probably don't want to, but trust me on this, you will feel better once you've talked it out with someone who cares about you. Best of luck man.

I second that

Nitsud said:

Very well said socrates. Rec, your welcome around here and if they cant see past any differences then they need to open their eyes a bit more. Please don't leave the doom community, especially if youre happy being a part of it.

so basically your in the same boat as DVS, his school almost got him locked up...haha. Well anyway, good luck and all even though I thought you were a bit stupid.

samuel said:

I think the best solution is to get yourself a shotgun and simply kill anybody who accidently happens to be in range.
This can be pretty relaxing, I personally always do it when I'm angry about something. Believe me, this is absolutely okay; everybody will understand.

Uhm, did I mention that I do this only in DOOM ? ;-)

if Rec really is that far gone, then doing it in real life is a possibility, though when they find out you were associated a whole lot with doom and us lot, we'll get shut down. woooooo

AndrewB said:

if I went around acting as the person I really am, a lot of ppl would be dead. I'm not kidding

If you were "unwillingly subjected to a psychological evaluation" then the assholes who did it CANNOT positively declare you are insane. What should they know if they can't get to you? What use is it to you to consider yourself insane? The word "insane" is bullshit. You are You. Don't leave doom, but more than anything, don't leave! Take a look and see if there is anything beyond the halls of horror their prejudice and failure lead you to, before giving up.

GavinJCD said:

if Rec really is that far gone, then doing it in real life is a possibility, though when they find out you were associated a whole lot with doom and us lot, we'll get shut down. woooooo

Rec you cant listen to em' I know someone who was put In a mental instaution for being considered suicidal THEY CANT TELL YOU S*** Doctors dont know what your thinking YOU DO Dont let them change that It's stupid to try to convince them otherwise they wont listen all you can do is convince the people around you (your family) that nothing is wrong there's absolutly nothing wrong with feeling a little suicidal everyone has felt it Dont kill yourself its indefinitly not worth it you'll never be able to get anyone to think your ok if you do so just KEEP trying dont give up or youll meet hell quicker then you want to

-Duker900, Man Don't Give up.....

GavinJCD said:

if I went around acting as the person I really am, a lot of ppl would be dead. I'm not kidding

Right but that goes for everybody. At least where I live.

Rec,
Make the smart choice here. You're an intelligent person, and people you've never met before admire you and care enough for your well being to write to you. Don't pay attention to the people around you. The only person who knows anything about you is you. People think they know something about you when you're out in public, but most people are superficial. Don't ever listen to what negative people say because they just drag you down. Life is too good to be going around depressed about it. You're an intelligent person who has a big future ahead, but you have to think positive and give that extra effort to find the good things in life. Good luck Rec, and I hope to see the day you return to us.

Dude, give us a reply to let us know you're still alive. Don't listen to those assholes. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I'm sure you're a lot saner than me.

Ah shit. I'm afraid Rec truly believes in that bullshit diagnosis. Remember back on the DN forums when he said some crap about taking a psychology course and already diagnosing Reol as throwing back all the crap he received in life. Damn this pisses me off. They give people a psychology course or two and get them thinking they understand everything when even most licensed psychologists don't know what the hell they're doing. And they gave Rec this course in high school even, didn't they? WTF?!

Rec, you have to understand that it's all bullshit except for the occasional good psychologist or psychiatrist who definately isn't employed by some shitty school. I hear about students being committed around my area. The schools are simply trying to get rid of noncomformists who they believe make their schools look bad.

Gokuma: I agree, a little knowledge can sometimes be dangerous.

Rec: What you have to remember is that for things to get better
you really only have to do one very important thing -

Stay alive.