Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nails

Level reviews

Guest Nails

Hey, besides Team Insanity's site, where else can I find a site that reviews levels?

cocoon said:

"or http://doomnation.com/insanity / (you'll get high scores here)"

a-HEM! :)

Guest cocoon

Yeah that is right, before you came a long. Now it is starting to shape up. Me and Chief have had a few arguements about it in #doomroom hehe.

Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Ok take care and keep on giving out fair scores instead of high ones to make the authors feel good.

Just a hint for TI: don't trust a review of a level by its reviewers. There was one map that got a 9.5/10, and Chief said the level had "no major errors"... jeez, just by looking at the screenshots you could tell that this was a newbie's map! Misaligned textures all over the place, squarish, repeated nukage-sewer textures vertically... yikes!

Guest Nitsud

Albillo.wad. right? :)

Don't remember what the name of the level was, and I can't check cause DN is down.

He is right, Albillo. I had to bitch about that but it's a bit late to go redoing all the reviews ;) Most of the TI reviews are based on the fun factor, I am about the only person who can find fault with everything given to me.

Guest malcolm
cocoon said:

Yeah that is right, before you came a long. Now it is starting to shape up. Me and Chief have had a few arguements about it in #doomroom hehe.

Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Ok take care and keep on giving out fair scores instead of high ones to make the authors feel good.

I'll never forget the time Team Insanity said chordg's ammo was unbalanced... argh!!!

Guest cocoon

hehehe yeah that is a good one ;)

(I even playtested that bitch, and Yes it is a bitch)

cocoon said:

Yeah, Team Insanity is too generous on their ratings. That's why I only download maps that get over a 9 rating. But atleast they got Lut, who I do trust a little more then the chief.

Hey Malcolm, where've you been? (Not in the editor I suppose?)

cocoon said:

Yeah, Team Insanity is too generous on their ratings. That's why I only download maps that get over a 9 rating. But atleast they got Lut, who I do trust a little more then the chief.

Hey Malcolm, where've you been? (Not in the editor I suppose?)

anthony

cocoon said:

No you didn't make me feel bad :) I didn't just come along either, I've been on TI for over 2 years now. I just started reviewing fairly recently. I did do some older reviews but not too many. I remember doing the FragFest Initialized review and also one of the Tei Tenga reviews. I think I trashed that one too.

prower said:

Just a hint for TI: don't trust a review of a level by its reviewers. There was one map that got a 9.5/10, and Chief said the level had "no major errors"... jeez, just by looking at the screenshots you could tell that this was a newbie's map! Misaligned textures all over the place, squarish, repeated nukage-sewer textures vertically... yikes!

:O Yikes!! Please tell me you're exaggerating..