Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
covaro

I live

Flood's Goodbye says:
Covaro's work in Doomworld is essential to its functioning. I just cannot believe how much dedication this guy puts to news. Linguica's and Mordeth's contributions are also essential, since with their expertise and know-how, things run very smooth(Mordeth's angry explosions about bad html coding come to mind ;)). Steve and Fatal come through when things get extremely tough, as it so happened recently when they were left alone to update the page. And if it weren't for Duk creating FuncE in the first place, NONE of this would have happened. Despite Ling's quip about the site being in trouble with their(Mordeth, Ling, and Covaro) absence and with Justin Madigan's snide remarks, the page continued without a hitch. Now, THAT'S professionalism.

Nuno Correia said:

Wow!

May I recall you he's also the most famous Doom community member. He appeared on CNN once.

I thought that was Ling. I remember the POTD with Ling on one of those major news networks right after the Columbine thing...

Archvile64 said:

I thought that was Ling. I remember the POTD with Ling on one of those major news networks right after the Columbine thing...

Really? Anyone got a clip of that?

Heh, the contact info page is funny.

Arioch, news bitch.

Recidivus, part-time newsie, who liked to use big words in his updates.

Steve, resident "CGI Bunny" who more often than not became the "CGI Demon." Pissed off the Telefragged folks by leaving a telnet program open, sucking up resources; making some bad CGI code, sucking up 95 megs of RAM; and forcing the Telefragged server to reboot. Lives on a farm and knows how bad dead hogs smell.

Funny stuff there, but it is a little outdated.

bigbadgangsta said:

Heh, the contact info page is funny.

Funny stuff there, but it is a little outdated.

Yeah, like, five years outdated?

Lament said:

Yeah, like, five years outdated?

Linguica, Doomworld webmaster, does POTD and hosting, news, and whatever else comes to mind. In a nutshell, all the crap no one else will/can do.

Like update the Contact Info page? :P

The words "update" and "contact info page" do NOT go togther on DW...... that has got to be some kind of blasphemy, dawg.
:P

Heh it takes something like covaro returning to show some up some of the newer lamers :)

It's a shame it didn't happen in a more recent, emotion numbed world (ok it should not have happened at all), but, with hindsight and emotion shocks, lets look at nowadays...it would be , and probably is now (apologies to Ling who, I think lives nearby and could be more caught up in the whole thing still),...There would be people rating the scores, and those guys (if they wanted to be included in the doom commumity), were pretty crap, let's face it, they let us all down, Nightfall for eg. could have took out 129 with his his enhanced aiming mode

gatewatcher said:

he kicks ass.

Well, he is alright I guess, just not my kind of music. Now Green Day, THEY kick ass. Thank god for punk rock.

gatewatcher said:

he kicks ass.

I'd rather listen to someone running their fingernails down a blackboard than that pussy's screeching. If he tried to kick anyone's ass he'd break his leg.

bigbadgangsta said:

He couldn't kick somebody's ass if he was made of legs.

I concur :-)

Covaro's work in Doomworld is essential to its functioning. I just cannot believe how much dedication this guy puts to news. Linguica's and Mordeth's contributions are also essential, since with their expertise and know-how, things run very smooth(Mordeth's angry explosions about bad html coding come to mind ;)). Steve and Fatal come through when things get extremely tough, as it so happened recently when they were left alone to update the page. And if it weren't for Duk creating FuncE in the first place, NONE of this would have happened. Despite Ling's quip about the site being in trouble with their(Mordeth, Ling, and Covaro) absence and with Justin Madigan's snide remarks, the page continued without a hitch. Now, THAT'S professionalism.

God, this takes me back.

bigbadgangsta said:

I agree. Mary Manson and Green Gay suck.

I say they both made one good album, and the rest of their stuff ranges from meh to total shit.

Yes, it is me all you unbelieving monkeys. =D

I'll have to put up my full story of adventures here sometime tonight when I get home from work. As it is, I shouldn't even be typing this, I am a bad boy. LOL.

-Cov

covaro said:

Yes, it is me all you unbelieving monkeys. =D

I'll have to put up my full story of adventures here sometime tonight when I get home from work. As it is, I shouldn't even be typing this, I am a bad boy. LOL.

-Cov

Yay! Covaro is gonna tell us about his trip to Tibet and his time in the Peace Corps, as well as his hike up K2. :P