• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

censored

Lüt said:

And what would "wrong" be anyways?

You tell me, I don't know. The way I see it is why hide your address unless you have something to hide?

Because it's my "personal" computer. Not everything I have on here should be up for grabs. I know you would be a little upset if I downloaded all your emails, files, etc. off your machine, or just went around deleting random things. Which is what a lot of people have fun doing.

It's possible publishing a users IP address is an invasion of privacy but that would have to be tested in court and I doubt anyone has the resources for this
It falls into line with CCTV material, the "don't do anything wrong and it won't matter" brigade always use that argument

Oh well. It's no biggie as far as I'm concerned. My isp has changed my ip address about 30 times since I signed up. Sometimes it even changes day to day. Are there any cable users that have a static ip address anyway?

Lüt said:

Because it's my "personal" computer. Not everything I have on here should be up for grabs. I know you would be a little upset if I downloaded all your emails, files, etc. off your machine, or just went around deleting random things. Which is what a lot of people have fun doing.

Yes but you don't stop a burgler by taking the house number down.

Stphrz said:

Oh well. It's no biggie as far as I'm concerned. My isp has changed my ip address about 30 times since I signed up. Sometimes it even changes day to day. Are there any cable users that have a static ip address anyway?

All of them I would have said....

Ok here's how it is. You have a question you want answered and you post a message in the general forums here. You appear to have made an effort to make said post as inflamatory as possible. I don't think this is the place for posting personal opinions about people here (indeed I will refrain from doing so).

And, when your post is deleted, instead of taking up the matter with the board admins, you repost in what appears to be a very obvious attempt of causing a flamewar.

Please, please grow up. You make the rest of us look bad.

Jon said:

All of them I would have said....

Really? Hmmm. I guess my isp cycles ips to prevent abuses, virtual servers, sharing bandwidth and the like. Oh well, the secondary effect is better security.

Jon said:

Please, please grow up. You make the rest of us look bad.

Your understanding of what a forum is and mine seem to differ, "forum"
a place or an occasion for talking about a problem or matter esp. of public interest"
Now then, a) someone hacking a certain DOOM related place,using a well known DOOM oriented person's name during the crime seems to me to be a problem, a matter AND of public interest?
b) I did not do it in as inflamMatory a way as possible and I certainly did not make any personal opinion of Tom

"you repost in what is an obvious attempt to start a flame war"

my post of "May I enquire why my thread about someone hacking doomserv was removed? It was on topic, DOOM , and did not break any rules that I am aware of ?? " DOES THIS HOW?

you take that back or I am telling my mom on you!

Jon said:

Yeah, but it makes it much harder for a burglar to rob you if he can't find your house :)

fodders said:

It's possible publishing a users IP address is an invasion of privacy but that would have to be tested in court and I doubt anyone has the resources for this
It falls into line with CCTV material, the "don't do anything wrong and it won't matter" brigade always use that argument

Well, I wasn't exactly trying to suggest it be removed, I just never noticed that before. I thought that was for admins only.

It should be really. For the admins only that is. No one else on this forum has any need to know your ip. Under any circumstances.

Guest ChriS
Stphrz said:

Mine changes 1-2 times every few months..

Jon said:

That's because the house will always be there. If I was a burgler, the last thing I'd look for when robbing a house is to see if it had an address. A big house is a big house whether it has an address or not.