Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

some Awesome Quality! Doom 64 up

check it out, the full info is in the post "Doom 64: important questions). Enjoy! Let me know if you like them or not.

Tonite the mp3s for level 10 (the bleeding), level 11 (terror core), level 12 (altar of pain) and level 13 (dark citadel) will be up. they're all the full versions and about 5-8 mins long. Must be only a few long tracks. That's ok though, when I saw how long the first 2 levels were, I was scared.

Yo kid, I downloaded them tracks and I gots ta say that you done some tight work (AGAIN... you da man!)! I tried the intro, main menu, and stage clear music. I'l get da rest tonight!

In answer to your question, there is credits music (I call it endgame), but much like some of the other tracks, it does NOT loop back to the beginning. It loops back to a certain point (it's very easy to detect), either that or they start a small music track, and then another (it's possible, and would explain a few things).

But I do have one question... why are they so much lower then the psx music? I know doom64's music is quiet, but are they dat much lower? Peace out, yo!

I'm glad you like them. Now for an explanation for the volume:

I set the volume so that the highest part of the song would be the loudest I could go without distortion, just like the PSX tracks. This way, when you put them on cd there won't be a skipping sound. This happened when I converted the tracks the first time. Remember when I said way back when that level 11 refinery had distortion if you were to burn it? That's part of the reason why I redid all of the PSX tracks. (Since I more or less perfected the ripping.)

Problem is, for Doom 64, the tracks go loud for part of the track, then barely audible for other parts. A good example of this is the final outpost track. The music is basically very quiet until about 3 mins in, then turns loud, then louder, and even louder, then quiet again. The reason why the PSX tracks are louder altogether is that the volume more or less stays the same. I might work on them more at a later date, but it would take a long and torturous time changing the volume in the middle of the track and making it sound natural.