Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Hey, Esco! Question about doom sounds.

I'm trying to rip the revanent and spider mastermind sounds and I have a question: How did you record the death sounds without any weapon sounds? Even at the end of the game, there is a shotgun sound just as the enemy is dying. Pulease help!

Well... in doom64 I used what I cause the "pausing glitch!" What happens in doom 64 is I'd wear the enemy down a lot, and then whip out the old fist and get close. I'd start attacking slowly, and when they died I would pause as soon as da punch hit sound was done. Start the recording device, unpause, and it would play back the whole death sound (90% of the time it worked. If not I just tried again!), plus I was close, so the sound didn't sound distant or muffled, and you couldn't hear that silent background noise that most people hear when they're recording! Try it on N64 and see what I mean.

This trick should work in psx, but I don't know. If it doesn't, you're just gonna have to get the best you can, and do a little editing work!

OH YEAH, before I forget... you are MISSING one of the doom 64 tracks. You are missing the music they play at the END of the game! Although, it sounds similar to the psx music, believe me it is different! It also seems to loop back to the middle of the song, like some other tunes in da game do! Either that, or they literally play one little track, and then start another really FAST, so that it sounds like it's one song! If you listen closely, it seem s like they do, because for a split second the music seems to jump! Weird stuff, bro! Are you gonna get dis song or what, kid?

P.S. I said it once kid, and I'm gonna say it again... you done some tight work, bro! Keep doin' yo thing, and I'll keep lookin' for dat TNT music, and the N64 graphics!

Well, I have the N64 for one more day, so time is of the essance. The endgame music that's on my site is what you get when it shows the end screen and the enemies. Is there another screen after that?

Da hell?! I didn't see dat file yesterday? WHOA, dat is some weird shit!? Oh well, mah bad gawd, dat was da sound I was talkin' about! Let me know if ya needs more help wit da sounds!

Hmmm... but is it the same end game music you're talking about? Maybe there are different versions of Doom 64. I bought mine the second it came out. (But sold the N64 a month ago!)

I'm not giving up my Doom 64 for anything!

elbryan42 said:

Well, I have the N64 for one more day, so time is of the essance. The endgame music that's on my site is what you get when it shows the end screen and the enemies. Is there another screen after that?

I just tried it out and it works! Thanks dude!

elbryan42 said:

Hmmm... but is it the same end game music you're talking about? Maybe there are different versions of Doom 64. I bought mine the second it came out. (But sold the N64 a month ago!)

I'm not giving up my Doom 64 for anything!

Yeah, dat's it yo! Mah bad!

elbryan42 said:

I just tried it out and it works! Thanks dude!

Yo, no doubt kid, anythin' for mah dawgs!