Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

ftp uploading??

I supposed if I had an Upload Account and uploaded some of my WADs and MP3s, I could tell you, but I will do so anyways:

Go to your upload directory (ex. /upload/sephiroth)

Now choose to upload, but you need a username and password to be able to upload.

Lastly, begin uploading the file you want to upload. Repeat until you have uploaded enough files into your upload account.

CacodemonLeader said:

I supposed if I had an Upload Account and uploaded some of my WADs and MP3s, I could tell you, but I will do so anyways:

Now choose to upload, but you need a username and password to be able to upload.

Lastly, begin uploading the file you want to upload. Repeat until you have uploaded enough files into your upload account.

ok considering i have never uplaoded to a ftp this is not much help, second drop and drag dont work moron! i have a ftp uploading program but i dont think i am useing it correctly because i get this error " the server name or address could not be resolved" some one please give me information i can use and instructions on how to uplaod my files.

CacodemonLeader said:

if you'd like an account you can just ask....

Guest stphrz'
sephiroth said:

ok considering i have never uplaoded to a ftp this is not much help, second drop and drag dont work moron! i have a ftp uploading program but i dont think i am useing it correctly because i get this error " the server name or address could not be resolved" some one please give me information i can use and instructions on how to uplaod my files.

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet -duh :)
(If you are on cable no problem. If you are on dialup you have to log on. -duh again :)

2. Fire up your ftp program.

3. Enter the complete url of the ftp site directory you wish to upload to into the appropriate field. -This should be obvious. Watch out for typos. It has to be exact.

4. Enter your username and password into the appropriate field. Again make sure they are correct.

5. Hit "connect" or "ok" or whatever button your program names it.

6. You should now be logged on to the ftp site with the contents of the folder you logged onto displayed on the right hand side.

7. On the left hand side will be displayed the contents of some folder on your computer. Probably the folder containing your ftp program.

8. Change to the directory that contains the file(s) you wish to upload. You should be able to work out how to do this.

9. To upload a file right click on it and select transfer file from the context menu. Or if your program has little arrows between the right and left side of the program display just click on the file to highlite it then click on the -> arrow to send the file.

10. Important** When sending a zip file, make sure your program is set in "binary" mode. When sending a text or html file set it to ASCII mode.

Hope that helps.