Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

The "old doom friends who disappeared" thread

So I just wanted to make a thread giving a shout out to old friends who randomly vanished from the community. I thought some of you out there might also have buds who just randomly stopped showing up, this is to let them know we're wondering where they hell they are, if they ever peek here.

DarkRevenge / TheBrokeGamer
Cryosabre
Morbidtwatt
Hoa2002
DMboricua
Grimdoomer666
Chaindude
Radnsmash
Proximity
Zero
Alvis
ExWizard
RabbitLord
Andy Tran
NetNomad
Madcat Mayhem
ItalianStallion
Saph

This is basically my only chance with finding out where the hell any of these people went. I'm curious to know if you guys have some buddies who just disappeared without explanation?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

lare69 ;_; .

2016-02-19 02:42:17 <Lare69> go fuck yourself you self righteous dickbag
2016-02-19 02:44:11 <Lare69> i try to treat this shitbag of a community with respect and honor it by coming here once a while
2016-02-19 02:45:23 <Lare69> not like my input matters here it seems, this community is just dying off due to slow development.
And nothing of value was lost.

Eris Falling said:

2016-02-19 02:42:17 <Lare69> go fuck yourself you self righteous dickbag
2016-02-19 02:44:11 <Lare69> i try to treat this shitbag of a community with respect and honor it by coming here once a while
2016-02-19 02:45:23 <Lare69> not like my input matters here it seems, this community is just dying off due to slow development.
And nothing of value was lost.

lol, he's still popping out it seems, and he's still the same .

Azuruish said:

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang disappeared since last two years. Seems like good mapper.

Sometimes appears in the doomworld Facebook group with some screenshots of the maps he's making...

Personally I was thinking where Mr Deathzor go...

Tango said:

DomRem where are you :(

He reappeared briefly a couple of years ago.

Doomkid said:

Chaindude

Last time I spoke to him, he was globetrotting with his competitive dance shoes on.

ItalianStallion

Still around afaik, but he doesn't play much. He's afflicted with crippling desperation and a lack of hope or joy and it's only getting worse with passing years. It's called the Habs fan syndrome.

walter confalonieri said:

Personally I was thinking where Mr Deathzor go...

Lurking in the true #zdoom as usual.

I haven't seen Belial around lately.

dew said:

He's afflicted with crippling desperation and a lack of hope or joy and it's only getting worse with passing years. It's called the Habs fan syndrome.

lol ouch
Fortunately, being a Leafs fan has desensitized me from feeling anything anymore.

Anyone know a guy called Skunkdemon on Zdaemon...

he owned the first clan I was ever in... such a long time ago.

I was wondering what happened to Stphrz.

I could make a longer list but I got the lazy going on.

Cory Whittle
Zaldron
fodders
deadnail
elbryan42
Csabo
Little Faith
Alientank
Tyockell
Disorder
IMJack
Lord FlatHead
Ultraviolet

Doomkid said:

Morbidtwatt
NetNomad
Madcat Mayhem

I talked to Morbi about a year or so ago, he used to get on Aftermath's mumble a lot but it has been a while.
Net Nomad (We are talking about the clan (*ORB*) one right?) got sick of Doom and moved on, Madcat Mayhem continues to play Doom a bit but has no interest in the community at all anymore. I talk to him a ton on Steam these days still.

I still talk to quite a few other guys who aren't active here but were with me in the old Doom Connector days.

Thanks for the info, ReFracture. I talked to Morbi about 6ish months ago but hadn't seen him for years before that, and not again since. I'm not surprised Madcat dropped out of the community, really. It's a shame NetNomad moved on, I liked the stuff he made.

IconOfWin said:

Eric Harris

NO! Screw that scumbag!

Azuruish said:

What about 'Never_again'?

+1
And Enjay

I'm sure I've seen Never_Again recently-ish. I suppose it has been a while since Enjay posted anything, hmm.. Certainly hoping it's just the IRL stuff getting in the way and nothing major.

Deathz0r is still around on IRC from time to time.

IconOfWin said:

Eric Harris

Moron.

Decay said:

The last thing we heard from radnsmash before he lost his mind http://rust.unidoom.org/wordfromoursponsor.mp3 You could probably find him on another teamspeak, last I saw him was on TSPG.

Exwizard is allegedly behind bars.

rofl

Also, re ExWiz, I wonder if that's true/who said it?

DooMBoy said:

Yeah, just in case you're wondering what happened to me, the hard drive in my computer messed up - died, in fact, all of a sudden. So until I get another hard drive I'll be offline.
Sorries to the advent calendar project crew, but I thought I should let you know. You may care or not at your discretion.

Legend has it the advent calendar project crew still eagerly awaits his return..