Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Officially* Name a Doom monster

is there a way to make a mod where when you get killed instead of saying you where killed by say an archvile, it tells you instead wich archvile killed you based on this thread?

The blind Demon on the other side of the blue key door in E2M7. He seemed a bit thirsty so I befriended him and now he's my Pet Pinky...

(Yes, fear my mad Photoshop skillz) :P

Pseudo gold - he's trying to name a zombie on E1M1 not the other baron.
Doomzrules - Poor Bastard No 1 is a description, not a name.
Scifista42 - Good eye, I've fixed it.

The rest of you, I'll add your picks to the register when I'm next on my laptop.

I always thought that most cacodemons had names that started with the letter C. so, in d2m05 Waste Tunnels, just before the exit, there are 3 cacos. 2 on the left, and by himself on the right, is Conrad.

purist said:

Pseudo gold - he's trying to name a zombie on E1M1 not the other baron.

Whoops, my bad. Sorry doomzrules

That asshole chaingunner who starts firing at you from go on Plutonia map01 I refer to as "Welcome Wagon."

purist said:

Doomzrules - Poor Bastard No 1 is a description, not a name.

The rest of you, I'll add your picks to the register when I'm next on my laptop.

Hmm, OK fine I'll rename him.

He's going to be known as Bob. Bob was the first guy to die during the Hangar investigation because he poked his head around like a dumbass and got his ass possessed by a Lost Soul.

There. =P

this is a hard thread, you only have one shot and it's gotta be something not taken and an actual monster, because apparently Gez's wall didn't count. also I want something that appears in every difficulty setting.

T202 in MAP12 of TNT (arachnotron) is named Dropslick, overlooking the wall of green slime dropping down while he waits for the player to come.

*Delete*

Nevermind, I read the restriction too late. Sorry about that.

DoomzRules said:

Hmm, OK fine I'll rename him.

He's going to be known as Bob. Bob was the first guy to die during the Hangar investigation because he poked his head around like a dumbass and got his ass possessed by a Lost Soul.

There. =P

We already have a Zombie Bob! No rule against this but it's a bit confusing, can you give him a new name or prefix like Lucky Bob or something to differentiate them.

I'm not picking on you on purpose, honestly!

Doom2 Map31, T242.

SS-Scharführer Bernhard at your service! Doesn't let anyone else to touch his door.

Doom - E3M8 - T5

Lucy the Spider Mastermind

"Oh, that's a fierce looking monster. This is it, your time to end it. You will need all your cunning, strategy and ammo to kill h- oh you say you one-shot her with your BFG? Oh..."

purist said:

We already have a Zombie Bob! No rule against this but it's a bit confusing, can you give him a new name or prefix like Lucky Bob or something to differentiate them.

I'm not picking on you on purpose, honestly!

^_^ It's OK. I already have a new name for him anyway. Romero Jr.

=3

Follow the crowd Philippe.
He didn't agree with what his friends were doing, and was secretly kind of rooting for doomguy. But alas, from a young age, Philippe wasn't good with dealing with peer pressure, and when his friends wanted to hunt down doomguy, following the crowd was the last thing he ever did. Don't bend to peer pressure kids.

Edit: He's T7

On E3M6, Mount Erebus, there's a group leader inside the church. His name is Ramirez.

Martin Ramirez started out in the marines as a chaplain, which was ironic since Ramirez was originally atheist. Despite this, he continued his chaplainny duties for three years, until mysterious shortages in manpower had him transferred to squad detail on Deimos. By the time Hell officially arrived, Ramirez had snaked his way to the rank of Sergeant, since a couple vanished without a trace.

In the moments before he turned, Ramirez had an epiphany. Perhaps there really is a greater power out there. And we must obey its commands. To ceremoniously commend this spiritual transformation, the fallen Ramirez picked up the Stick of Gory (not to be confused with Glory) and blasted his bunkmate's skull with military buckshot.

From then on, the newly-christened Reverend Ramirez tirelessly worked to evoke comparable feelings of faithfullness in his ministry, alongside his normal duties of wandering the Halls of the Damned and serving as a go-between between the men and the Imps. Eventually, his efforts were noticed by the building commander there, a baron, and immediately had him transferred to Mount Erebus to spread the message of hellish eternity there. Carrying the grace of a baron means a lot in hell, and Ramirez gained the approval of the Captain of Erebus to repurpose the torture chamber there into a church for his flock ("We don't need a building just to contain lava and bodies. We're surrounded by a lake of fire! A different fire, a spiritual fire, can torment everyone into obedience!").

And that's where Ramirez stayed. He preached relentlessly to the flock of humans in his congregation, overshadowed by his Imp handler, guarded by the handler's assortment of Imps outside, ready to set fire to anyone willing to disturb the peace of such an unholy place. It took all hell breaking loose, but Ramirez finally found his true calling: preaching the odious news of hell to anyone listening.

Today, Ramirez decided to preach about a darker topic than hell: Doomsday and the end times. For it was forseen by the Archviles of Sagery that an unstoppable force was coming, so destructive hell itself could not contain it. So destructive everything in its path ends up dead. So destructive anything in the same building, just hiding away, ends up dead. ("Nothing!" he shouted while waving his Stick of Gory for emphasis. "Nothing can stop this armageddon!")

Great effing job, Doomguy. You just wrecked a pious man's iternant speach to his unwavering flock and massacred them all. Bastard.

The first Cacodemon most would find in Episode 2, the one standing in front of a switch to the exit room. (is it T104 or T125?)

Yeah, he's named Steve.

HeartstringsStudios said:

BTW how do you find thing id?

You'll have to open the map in an editor and find the thing-monster in question.

The Cyberdemon in E4M6 "Against the Wickedly," will forever be known as "Larry."

(Quality first post after a 5 year absence.)

I wonder which of the zombies was John Stalvern...

^ I vaguely remember a place in Knee Deep in ZDoom (or was it a different notable wad?) with a corpse and a nearby locker/cabinet labeled either "John S." or just "Stalvern", but I couldn't find the place in the game now, or any reference to its existence, so did I just dream it up? A corpse wouldn't count as a monster here, anyway.

dew said:

You'll have to open the map in an editor and find the thing-monster in question.

Ok I found the thing id in slade, just couldn't find it in doom builder. Is there a way to find it in doom builder?

Yes, there is. Expand the bottom info panel, roll mouse over the thing, and you will see its thing index in the top left corner of the bottom info panel.

The cyberdemon in Warrens is called Montague J. Thunderbottom III, DC

Ichor said:

The cyberdemon in Warrens is called Montague J. Thunderbottom III, DC

You've already got Wally.

I've updated the first post again. I love the back stories behind some of these choices.

purist said:

You've already got Wally.

I've updated the first post again. I love the back stories behind some of these choices.

Oh I thought you meant one per post. Ok, I'm done then.

Map09 Thing 04

Mobius the Mancubus

While all the other mancubi family are fighting for their country, this fatter fellow would rather enjoy snacking on a sandwich, hoping not to be interrupted.