Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azuruish

How Cacodemon flies?

I say that Cacodemons open doors by repeatedly tumbling into them while smiling and Peppy the Hare shouting "DO A BARREL ROLL!"

Quasar said:

The flight is an illusion, but not in the way you suspect. The rest of their body is still in the ethereal plane from which they originate, and their head is just sticking out of a portal which they drag along with them.

Evidence:
http://doomwiki.org/w/images/f/f7/Beholdercaco.jpg

Ah, if only...

They wouldn't take such a pounding when they get in fights with Barons :)

Doomkid said:

Doors open for doomguy because they're polite, duh

The "use" buttom is actually "hump", as evidenced by how Doom man grunts when you "use" on walls. Which leads me to believe he actually seduces the doors into opening for him, by sexing them. The locked ones are a bit more picky, demanding key cards and skulls is the equivalent of saying "you have to take me out to dinner first", for doors.

I pretty much just picture there being little butthole-like openings in their body from which gas escapes. Notice how they deflate when killed? They're probably fairly lightweight. Probably there's mostly gas inside of them to keep their bodies afloat.

GoatLord said:

They're probably fairly lightweight.

Their Thing mass is 400, while e.g. Doomguy's is 100 and the Baron's is 1000 (then again, so is the Cyberdemon's)

Hoodie said:

Unless you don't have their key, then they're rude

think of the keycards as condoms. the colored doors only let you through if you have protection, while the regular doors are whores.

Maes said:

Their Thing mass is 400, while e.g. Doomguy's is 100 and the Baron's is 1000 (then again, so is the Cyberdemon's)

Since when do things in Doom have mass? What is this used for?

Well, when you hit the target by a rocket launcher for example, the blast pushes the target away. The bigger the mass is, the less the target is pushed away.
Kinda like this.

Of course, the fact that they have mass (an inherent property of anything made of matter) doesn't preclude that they have no weight (which is simply a force exerted by gravity), if they counter it with an equal and opposite force (lift), no matter how they generate it. Of course, mass still matters for their interactions with other bodies having their own masses (e.g. impacts), acceleration etc.[/physics]

Mass is particularly noticeable on flying monsters when they aren't touching the ground and they get shot. Shoot a (non-charging) Lost Soul with a single shotgun and see how far does the shot throw it back in comparison with a Cacodemon. Lost Soul has mass only 50.

Maes said:

Of course, the fact that they have mass (an inherent property of anything made of matter) doesn't preclude that they have no weight (which is simply a force exerted by gravity), if they counter it with an equal and opposite force (lift), no matter how they generate it. Of course, mass still matters for their interactions with other bodies having their own masses (e.g. impacts), acceleration etc.[/physics]

YEAH PHYSICS

gaspe said:

By the power of the happines granted by their smiles.

Ok I haven't read all 3 pages but I'd venture a guess that this is the most plausible answer given so far.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

The "use" buttom is actually "hump", as evidenced by how Doom man grunts when you "use" on walls. Which leads me to believe he actually seduces the doors into opening for him, by sexing them. The locked ones are a bit more picky, demanding key cards and skulls is the equivalent of saying "you have to take me out to dinner first", for doors.

This is discriminatory. It sounds like you're trying to talk down at the standard doors for behavior that in the end is just a personal choice. Personally I think it's more empowering for doors to love everyone and not be worried about material things like key cards just because programmers publish code telling them they should. Those programmers are just trying to hold the doors back. More doors' rights!