Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Going slow?

Rants and Raves is for anything NOT Doom related. General is for things Doom related but not for things covered by the other forums. This cool new DooM site you've started goes here but your cool new DooM clan site goes in Multiplayer. Your wad reviews would go in Wads and Mods, your questions on how to make a blazing door would go in Editing.

bigbadgangsta said:

This cool new DooM site you've started goes here

Hey! Thanks BBG! I didn't know you liked my site so much!

Lobo said:

Hey! Thanks BBG! I didn't know you liked my site so much!

Well, I wasn't talking about your site specifically but yes, I do like your site, it is impressive :)

Thanks man! Means a lot to me!

BTW, whatever happened to that mini-tutorial you were gonna do on making a railgun with EDGE?

I'd be real interested [hint hint]

Xian said:

forum splitting, it actually makes things LESS efficient, because we wont all see the same threads.

and the ban-happy mods... all 10 or so of them

For a start moderators can't ban. There are exactly 5 people capable of banning people from the boards, not 10.

I would love to know how we are ban-happy. Can you name one person who hasn't deserved a ban for being stupid or offensive? Besides we almost always allow people second chances.

As for this forum, as EE has been renamed Rants and Raves, the idea is that we can have slightly off-topic posts in here again, that's OK. We don't want to starve the oldest and dearest forum of material. But crap will still get moved.

pritch said:

For a start moderators can't ban.

I can, but like I said before, I won't ban UNLESS there is another spam attack.

Xian said:

and the ban-happy mods... all 10 or so of them

Idunno about you guys, but I can't ban anybody. I wuldn't dare try, anyway.

Sorry, i used the word incorrectly, i should have said CONTROL happy, that would have been more accurate: posts get removed, threads get closed or sent to post hell etc. when there is no good reason to do so. there are just too many examples of discussions that are perfectly good but cant be replied to (usually when a mod doesnt want to talk about it). Its ironic that Fod would complain about the slowness

It was the lack of posts, or "lack of posts with not a lot in post hell", that made me wonder if more than usual were being deleted.

bigbadgangsta said:

Rants and Raves is for anything NOT Doom related. General is for things Doom related but not for things covered by the other forums. This cool new DooM site you've started goes here but your cool new DooM clan site goes in Multiplayer. Your wad reviews would go in Wads and Mods, your questions on how to make a blazing door would go in Editing.

Shaviro said:

What about doom related polls. Do they go in R&R still?

I have been thinking about the same thing all along as Maonth has. Obviously, Doomboy's posts are the ones of good examples...I'd rather have "poll option" enabled in Classic Doom General section instead, for people to put up their wacky Doom-related poll questions, that way it can clear up a lot more of confussion than we have already created.

No threads or posts are deleted unless they are spam or something really offensive. When R&R was EE we had to clean up General a lot because it suddenly HAD to be all doom-related, now the emphasis is slightly back to how it was before. I think that crap about the mods being control-happy is simply wrong. It's quite a tough thing to do, often involving judgement calls, maybe there are some mistakes, but there's absolutely no point bitching about it; the vast majority of decisions are right. Besides, you can always grab a mod on AIM if you really object to something.

I'm problby alone in this opinion, but i'd like to see a "black list" were every one who's been banned is listed out with a short explanation as to why they were banned, So we wouldn't get those stupid "Why was I banned?" thraeds. just a thought.

Ct_red_pants said:

I'm problby alone in this opinion, but i'd like to see a "black list" were every one who's been banned is listed out with a short explanation as to why they were banned, So we wouldn't get those stupid "Why was I banned?" thraeds. just a thought.

Well I suppose that's quite a good idea. It would probably take the shape of a forum mods could post in but everyone could read. Threads would simply be titled with the username of said naughty person. The post would then be locked.

For people on probabtion or losered, I guess those posts could be unlocked to get other members opinions. It would be strictly on-topic, like the Questions forum. Anyway, it's up to Ling.

Ct_red_pants said:

Like an obituary. I like it.