Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RightField

John Romero Q&A from Oslo

I'm capable of answering most of the questions before the interviewer finishes asking. I'm a nerd :(

I watched the live-stream (about an hour in) --- I will have to go back and watch it from the beginning -- I was planning on going as I'm only an hour away from Oslo but I couldn't, but still I'm kind of in europhia over it :-) Thanks for the link!

Chezza said:

I'm capable of answering most of the questions before the interviewer finishes asking. I'm a nerd :(

There's only so much the man can say at this point. It's like going to a Trek Q&A and expecting to learn something new.

RightField said:

I live in Oslo but was held up in a practice so I couldn't make it. :(

Did they stick you in right field?

Great interview! And also fun that Romero loves Duke Nukem 3D, and even says it was the best game he played when it came out. (around 54 mins in)

Technician said:

Did they stick you in right field?

I've used the nickname online since I was very very young. It's a wordplay on the techno group LeftField. :P

Besides a few things (like John Carmack being a hip-hop guy) this is all info most of us know by now. I really wish someone would ask him questions nobody has asked before, maybe an interview where the OTHER games besides DOOM get some commentary.

CARRiON said:

Besides a few things (like John Carmack being a hip-hop guy) this is all info most of us know by now. I really wish someone would ask him questions nobody has asked before, maybe an interview where the OTHER games besides DOOM get some commentary.

He could probably write a book on Daikatan's development hell.

So I couldn't attend for myself, but a friend of mine obtained this too-cool autograph for me from Romero: