Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doom II Soundtrack needed more music

Agentbromsnor said:

Doom's soundtrack doesn't really contain any metal though.

This statement is demonstrably false, roughly 1/3rd of the soundtrack is metal music in midi format. The intermission theme for example doesn't just have 'metal influences', the entire arrangement is that of a metal song. Being in midi format does not somehow change the genre. Classical music isn't suddenly not classical music just because you transcribe it and play it back in midi form either, same goes for any type of music.

No one here said the entire soundtrack was metal so I don't see why you're refuting this point

I don't think every MIDI songs that do feature "guitars" are that much metal either. You have to take into consideration that this also comes down to what you think of as metal, and pretty much everyone's definition of this is different. For example, there are also a lot of bands out there that draw a fine line between hard rock and metal.

Doom's soundtrack obviously took a lot of inspiration from thrash metal artists, but I don't hear a lot of the typical things that I'm used to hearing in thrash metal in there. A lot of the MIDI songs also feel a bit too slow for me to be considered thrash (though speed is not always a rule, obviously).

Can we make it a bit more classic AND violent style of music for the game? Just because the 'Into Sandy's City' music was awesome.

Gifty said:

Du-DUN Du-DUN Du-DUN Du-du Du-DUN

HAHA!! What's your favourite doom music?