Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Wad extractor

Is there a utility that allows you to extract ALL the contents from a wad file in a few clicks? I know with Wintex you can extract files but it's a slow and painful process (on my finger anyway).

ZarcyB said:

Is there a utility that allows you to extract ALL the contents from a wad file in a few clicks? I know with Wintex you can extract files but it's a slow and painful process (on my finger anyway).

Wintex can often function in "batch" mode. Say you want to extract lots of sprites. Click on the top of the list, then shift-click on the bottom of the list. Now, all are selected. Then, go to edit, save entries to file, and just hold the enter key down. All are rapidly written to files. The only issue might be that by doing this, you are not specifying alternate file names, just using the names as seen in the wad.

Biffy said:

Wintex can often function in "batch" mode. Say you want to extract lots of sprites. Click on the top of the list, then shift-click on the bottom of the list. Now, all are selected. Then, go to edit, save entries to file, and just hold the enter key down. All are rapidly written to files. The only issue might be that by doing this, you are not specifying alternate file names, just using the names as seen in the wad.

The issue is holding down the enter key, which you may have to do for 5 minutes. A better strategy is to put a few coins on the enter key and go watch a movie or something...

Heh, sounds more like bitch mode than batch mode. DEUtex's main strength is as a mass extractor or compiler, with something as simple as this batch: deutex -xtract bitch.wad

ZarcyB said:

Bah, use your other nine fingers :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Ah, but he said clicks, not key presses :)

Use character map to type the command in with a mouse :)