Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeamTNS

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #235 - DTWID - The Lost Episodes (Part I Revisited)

Again, three years have passed since we played the wad we are about to play, and again, there is something new to be had as The Lost Episodes have been updated to version 1.5 in the meantime; even bringing along a few new maps. Come see what did not fit into the main Doom The Way id Did retro pack; there's quite a bit of it, though that certainly does not mean it's quantity over quality.

This being a Doom 1 PWAD, I hope you patched the holes in your rad suits from three weeks ago; unless you plan to become a pancake under one of the crushers first, then it does not matter of course. In case you find yourself dead too often, you can watch Anima's highlights from TNS #71 while waiting for the next round, and try to see if you shared the same fate with someone from the past :)

DMFLAGS: 1174487140 / 806496256 / 0
IWAD: doom or freedoomu080
PWADs: dtwid-le
Maps: e1m1-e3m9
Lives: 1
Players: 25/100
Item Respawn Time: 60 Seconds
Player Join Limit: 3 Minutes

Date: 11th February 2016

Euro session: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST at Ducks, Czech Republic (usually lasts 6-8 hours, sometimes much longer)

Get ZDaemon and join in.

What kind of IWAD you use? I had this problem playing it, and i'm using the Ultimate Doom iwad from the original game (version 1.9):

walter confalonieri said:

What kind of IWAD you use? I had this problem playing it, and i'm using the Ultimate Doom iwad from the original game (version 1.9):

Ugh, I just woke up. It is the one from the original Ultimate Doom release, the middle one from this list. Did you manage to connect in the end?

rhinoduck said:

Ugh, I just woke up. It is the one from the original Ultimate Doom release, the middle one from this list. Did you manage to connect in the end?

No, from the file size looks like is the registered version v1.9 IWAD... there's some way to patch it up?

And no, i can't managed to connect, if i'll use the latest version of freedoom iwad it could be ok as a placeholder?

I was gonna drop in and ask if anyone had any feedback on the maps, but those screenshots are absolute perfection and I dunno if we can ever possibly improve on it.

walter confalonieri said:

And no, i can't managed to connect, if i'll use the latest version of freedoom iwad it could be ok as a placeholder?

Oh well, I am continuing in the trend of late replies... this time I forgot to turn on email notifications for this thread.

Anyway, you can use freedoomu080.zip to connect to the server if your original iwad is a different version. Probably the easiest way to do this is to temporarily move your iwad out of the launcher search paths and try connecting to the server. The launcher will download freedoomu80.wad for you and launch the game.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in the ZDaemon client making this impossible atm... so... *SHRUGHS* :/