Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

Getting the time for E3M8 (in zdoom cab50)

Hey, I was just wondering if there's a way to find out your completion time for E3M8 (and the other end levels as well). Specifically, demo's made in zdoom cab50. Any idea? Or should I just post the accumulated time for all the other maps?

No idea, unless gametics can be equated to seconds and minutes. I got that by running a demo with the -timedemo parameter.

I thought 35 gametics = 1 second.

However, the number of gametics timedemo reports also includes those between exiting the map and ceasing to record, which complicates matters somewhat. Unless, that is, zdoom automatically stops recording at the moment you exit ExM8 maps (like Legacy does).

LMPC still can convert the .lmp file format, so it will say a wrong number, but measured against a known number (from a normal demo) the real time should be somewhat accurately extrapolated.
I haven't tried using the 35*gametic formula on any demos other than Doom/Boom....

DEMOn said:

I haven't tried using the 35*gametic formula on any demos other than Doom/Boom....

It worked OK for my p4n8-108.lmp (recorded with Legacy). Or at least it agreed with the stopwatch timing.

Edit: and the timedemo figure for my Nuts3-49.lmp (recorded with zdoom 2.0.47) looks plausible: 55 seconds including the intermission screen time. BTW, that demo desyncs with 2.0.50 - with the happy result that I exit in 0:46! (Edit: 0:43 with 2.0.52.)

I recorded a test demo on E3M8, but it seems Zdoom doesn't automatically stop recording when you exit the map, so there's no simple solution there.