Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

2sectors demo-pack and demos [-complevel 2]

Anima, if I remember well Kristian has beaten some of your fasts so check them out. I don't remember exactly which ones, have to look at it myself too. I am also going to start to write my comments.

Gusta said:

Anima, if I remember well Kristian has beaten some of your fasts so check them out. I don't remember exactly which ones ...

This post has details and a link.

Let me know if I have neglected to give comments for any of mine, or made any other foul-ups. I think I caught them all, but didn't check too scrupulously.

BTW, I think Donce's NMs on maps 02 and 10 should be included in the pack, as interesting "alternative route" demos.

Thanks for the comments (and for the new demo!), guys!

Grazza: No, you didn't miss anything. Absolutely correct, as usual. :-)
Donce's NM runs on map 2 and 10 are now included as misc. I'm thinking of including other ones, too, including my infamous suicide "exit" on map 14.

If you have any fun misc. demos you'd like included, send them in or specify which you'd like to be included from any of your previous .zip's. Thanks.

Other than this, the pack is pretty much complete, all I need is comments from Donce, DomRem and Gusta.

Another thing: I noticed there's no NM or UV speed for map 17. As it's arguably practically the same run as map 10, is it okay for everyone to leave them out? (considering that there are no NM/UV runs for map 6, either)

EDIT: Oh, and please, I need a download link for Choclate-Doom (too lazy to look it up).

I don't recall having any egg-type demos, or amusing failures. I was really hoping for one where I pressed the map10 exit switch with 0% health, but it just didn't happen.

BTW, I made a small edit in my text for the pack: replacing "Max" with "Tyson" in the last sentence of the map17 Tyson text.

You're right that there are gaps in the UV and NM tables for map17. I didn't feel like recording demos that would have been 100% identical to the map10 stuff. Given that it was just there as an alternative version of the map, I felt it more interesting to record only those categories where the change to the map made an actual difference.

Hmm, my map comments are in accompanying textfiles, I'll later edit this post and add some general blurb. I think I got a 0% switch exit in some map (I think MAP07), not sure if I left the demo, will check that.

EDIT: OK, I've found that demo. And here are the general comments:

I jumped in all this 2 sector thingy a bit late, after seeing that people were having much fun with this wad. The levels are all very short and most of them are pretty, so I decided to do them all in NM. Unfortunately, I had to leave a hole in the middle. Ah, let it be :)

Thank you for your comments. Thanks for the link to C-Doom, Ric. I have now assembled the pack.

2sectors Pack

There are probably some mistakes and errors here and there, as always. If you find any, let me know, and I'll fix them. I'll be out of town from tomorrow evening until January, so please report any errors ASAP. Thank you. Merry Christmas!

EDIT: DomRem, I didn't get any comments from you, so I just used your text files, and left the general comments blank. If you want anything further/different included in the pack, let me know and I'll put it in. :-)

Ouch! Let's blame it on the classic "no sleep". ;-)

Thanks, Nuxius. Fixed and re-uploaded.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks, Grazza(?) for fixing my post.

I've watched the whole pack again - no problems watching any of them with Prboom-plus. BTW, I notice that there is a spechits overflow in a few of the map01 demos, but it seems benign (no desyncs).

I didn't spot anything in the text that I'd call an error. A few small points though:

• A link for Doom2.exe 1.91 would be useful: http://www.doom2.net/doom2/doomp191/.
  • I believe Chocolate-Doom can play back demos with -longtics too.
  • Boom demos should play back with every version of Prboom (not just newer ones), starting with Prboom 2.02.
Oh, and in the text for my map17 Tyson, the word "Max" in the last sentence should be replaced with "Tyson".

BTW, I notice that there is a spechits overflow in a few of the map01 demos, but it seems benign (no desyncs).

Probably the Cacodemon teleport, I imagine. I got a little carried away with that one. >:D

Nuxius said:

Probably the Cacodemon teleport, I imagine. I got a little carried away with that one. >:D

Indeed!

The list of LinesID leading to overrun: 1025, 1050, 1069, 1093, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1158.

I was wondering why 1156 and 1157 weren't listed, until I noticed the little square in the middle.

BTW, I've belatedly remembered something of mine that could have gone in as an egg: 2s05-102.lmp, due to the "unbelievable" VPO in Doom2.exe.

Map16 UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:02

This had been on my to-do list for quite some time. Obviously very low down on that list though. :p

2s16p002.zip

2 hours ago, Grazza said:

I'll leave 0:00 to Looper if he can be bothered.

Should have said 0:00 is impossible, that's how you get looper interested 😏

I thought about it, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I would have felt dirty.

Map 16 NoMo in 1.26

A faster strategy but still a 1. I looked at this demo and I think I could have hit the switch probably by 1.03. Screenshot shows 0 was impossible (for this start) even if my ending had been faster. But, it does seem like 0 is doable then.

2s16o126.zip

doom00.png

NoMos & a few strollers.

Map01 Stroller in 0:12 2s01str012.zip

Map03 NoMo in 0:06 2s03o006.zip

Map04 NoMo in 0:08 2s04o008.zip

Map05 NoMo in 0:06 2s05o006.zip

Map06 NoMo in 0:12 2s06o012.zip

Map07 NoMo in 0:04 2s07o004.zip

Map07 Stroller in 0:36 2s07str036.zip

Map08 NoMo in 0:13 2s08o013.zip

Map09 NoMo in 0:03 2s09o003.zip