Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

Believe so, i had a lot of issues with valiant map 1 in that you want to switch to the rocket launcher for map 2 but kind of need the shotgun to take out chaingunners in your way. Most of the time the swap still resulted in the shotgun being out on map 2.

I think some of this stuff depends on complevel too... Type IDKFA, start shooting with the BFG and during the last shot (when you run out of cells) try to select the RL. In complevel 2 I can do it, in 9 I always get SSG instead for some reason.

Episode 2 UV-Speed in 4:26. Not an amazing run, but there's a few maps that went quite well, and getting a good time requires quite a lot of luck. I'll definitely come back to this episode in the future.

sce2-426.zip

If someone wants, he can upload Scythe vanilla only records to compet-n database from now on.
http://www.doom.com.hr/upload.php

Be careful and use date when record was made, not when it was uploaded.
I'm aware of some database bugs (eg. demos sometimes does not show up until I refresh database) but upload should work fine.

And Map 31 NM-Speed in 1:28 (normal exit). Last Scythe NM-Speed filled, yay. :D

Also, I included an attempt where I managed to get the east linedef skip for the BFG without a wallrun or boost. Not sure how and when that can occur.

sc31n128.zip

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 2:32. Done in a D2ALL attempt. Uploaded to show new map 6 wallrun jump strat (credit to Looper) and a pretty awesome map 3 time. D2ALL attempt it was cut off from is included (dies on map 17).

sc31-232.zip

I was messing around with map 28, seeing if I could find a setup for skipping the first linedef (as I was watching shock's tyson attempts using the lost soul). Well, I found one, although it's slow to perform, but seems consistent. Might be useful for someone some day, and shock thought I should post it, so here you go.

28scythe_linedef.zip

Hi again, I was able to find a better setup for the second linedef skip (thanks to Kraflab finding a different one that lead me to try this one). Both linedef skip setups are done in the demo attached.

On the note of setup demos, would there be any use in having a thread specifically to document trick setups and new tricks (something like the rare kills or weird demos threads such that it covers all wads)? I think it'd be useful if someone found a trick or trick setup and wasn't interested in incorporating it into a speedrun but wanted to share the trick anyway. I know there have been at least a few such demos posted in various other threads (aside from these two, one that comes to mind is Doomdaniel's demonstration of the AV20 jump without a rocket boost that's sitting in the nomo thread somewhere).

sc28skips.zip

OK, unused tricks don't land on DSDA, so they tend to be tricky to find.

I say let's keep them and keep posting them in specific WAD threads, but creating a "Master list" that would have links to them can be useful