• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

Ancalagon said:

map30 max in 18:21
Some ugly mistakes at fire part
if someone says vile's demo is better just because i used prboom, i'll laught forever

This shouldn't beat the current demo as the current demo was recorded in Vanilla.

Spoiler

Sarcasm above. Great route ideas and execution, as usual. Maybe now that Vile is back to recording he can claim it back? :D

If I feel like it, maybe. I am not competing for old records. I like these little maps because they are easy to pick up and learn the route since there isn't as much to them. Scythe is good for that. :)

It's cool that those records are getting updated though.

Vile said:

Scythe map07 UV Max in 0:27

niiiice. with ancal clearing map30, we might as well broaden the scope. here's the hitlist:
sc01uv/sc01-027 (radeg, 2003), sc02-051 (gusta, 2006), sc20-215 (gusta, 2007), sc32-230 (angus, 2005).
all the other secondary objectives are 2009+. special task for ancal or any other slaughter maniac: beat sc26-249 with cl2. ;)

Originally, it used to be Angus and me who were improving some oficial demopack demos and now we are on hitlist too, lol :-D
that map20 max shouldn´t take you more than 1 attempt to beat ;-)
And I agree that map26 really needs some serious -complevel 2 max.

EDIT: I remember what Radeg said when he did 27s on map01: "26s is possible but it has to be played by Sedlo!" :-)

it's 2D636F6D706C6576656C2032202D736574206F76657272756E5F737065636869745F656D756C6174653D3120. oops, i mean -complevel 2 -set overrun_spechit_emulate=1.

this should be mentioned in the DSDA comment line so people avoid watching the demo in choco or vanilla. ancal, could you start putting complevel/special info in your textfiles? reading it from the demo footer isn't exactly user-friendly. :)

this is not the thread to restart the same discussion again, but for all what it's worth, i don't think the spechit override is a big deal to get snobby about. vile, were you specifically planning your old route to avoid such overflows or was it luck you didn't trigger the allghosts bug?

EDIT: demo finishes successfully in choco, that should be enough even for the prissiest keepers of purity. also having a spechit overriding record without a spechit overflow legitimates any future demos with that parameter, imo. win-win. :P

dew said:

vile, were you specifically planning your old route to avoid such overflows or was it luck you didn't trigger the allghosts bug?

I wasn't trying to avoid overflows. I didn't experience them in my recording, so I never knew that map30 had that issue. Learn something new everyday. :P

Heh, I was wondering why cl2 made a difference on sc26 until I watched the original record. Indeed. :P

Map22 Max in 1:32

There's two versions of it in there. I promised myself that if I didn't break 1:32 by the time I fell asleep last night, I'd just post this demo. I lost time in the exit room (which I can't stand, mind you) and think that 1:26 would be around the optimal time.

sc22-132.zip

map32 uv-max in 2:01

looking for a volunteer to take it below 2min, because i don't like the map at all. :p this route is risky, but there's at least 10-15 seconds to cut without too much grinding, imo.

sc32-201.zip

dew said:

map32 uv-max in 2:01

looking for a volunteer to take it below 2min, because i don't like the map at all. :p this route is risky, but there's at least 10-15 seconds to cut without too much grinding, imo.

well done
was about to have a try or two in this very same map, glad you did :P
time is now actually pretty cool!

blob1024 said:

time is now actually pretty cool!

nope, now the time is pretty cool. :)

haha, nicely done. also this was the last undefeated demopack max record, so unless anyone wants to drop gusta's 2006 map02 record, the mission is a success.

NoobBait said:

Map 01 UV-Max in 0:26

Great! How about you did TNT MAP01 and helped us complete TNT UV Max demopack as well? Haha :)

1ntru said:

Great! How about you did TNT MAP01 and helped us complete TNT UV Max demopack as well? Haha :)

I've tried TNT 01 extensively, as well as Scythe 02, but it seems these style of runs dislike me, or perhaps I just suck at them :) I'll definitely keep trying both though.

dew said:

... so unless anyone wants to drop gusta's 2006 map02 record...

Nobody can ever beat that!!! :-D
(seriously, I just checked the demo... some good luck with punching, but overall it looks slow compared to nowadays' usual runs. At least 3secs should be cut down. And I lost 1sec with my typical "PB 2.2.6 lags" start. So, come on!)