Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MethoD_

LAN in Prague

Opulent said:

As it gets closer, I'd like to hear who is confirmed.

First message is updated but i want to contact more people like Torn (i saw him few days ago) etc...

sounds cool, i hope ill be able to drop in to take a look at you all dooming your asses away

Erik said:

My plane tickets are booked, looking forward to seeing you guys.

Don't arrive without last sc2 maps!!...I'm just kidding :)

...but I am not kidding!!! :-))) I wanna finally play those last maps.
btw, ufon, I have never expected that you would reply to a thread that is placed in Singleplayer demos forum :-)

As much as it saddens me, I must announce that I will be unable to attend the LAN. I was very much looking forward to going, but that's life. :-(((

I wish all the participants a fun LAN, a great time in Prague, and I hope to see lots of excellent demos from all of you. Thank you for bearing with the lateness of my final decision, as I'm sure you have a lot of planning and organizing to do.

I updated a topic so now it's well-arranged (i hope :)). Anyway if you have any questions or suggestions just write it here.

Also i want ask you about Friday party - I guess that everyone is accustomed to another type of clubs, pubs, restaurants..I'n sure that you don't want to go to some Prague underground pub with bugs in a beer :). So here is the thing - I suggest a classic czech pub, nothnig extra expensive but abreast...hm?

Some photos :

Yes, that sounds good. Might be good if you could confirm the precise location of G8 - map reference, GPS coordinates, or some such.

I'm just planning to be a tourist for a few days (Wednesday-Friday). According to my guidebook, there is plenty to see. :) But if anyone else is going to be around in central Prague those days, feel free to contact me (PM me for contact details).

Heh, I'm no great dm player, I barely even bother with dm. Waste of time when I can play ctf instead :)

Exams are going fine, I suppose I can make it to Prague with 99% certainty.

Still not sure if I'm going to travel by train or by bus.

Belial said:

Heh, I'm no great dm player, I barely even bother with dm. Waste of time when I can play ctf instead :)

yeah! another great player added to the list!
(creaky scientist voice) It's all starting to add up...

Belial said:

Hey Belial, where exactly do you live? If you go by a train, I might get on it too.

Grazza said:

Yes, that sounds good. Might be good if you could confirm the precise location of G8 - map reference, GPS coordinates, or some such.

The address is:
LASERGAME palac Metro
Narodni trida 25
Praha 1

It's close to Vaclav square, so its pretty much in the center of Prague.

Oh I see, in this case I can't join you. Hoped you lived more on the south. Nevermind, see you in prague.

Well, I highly doubt there's any direct connection so I'll probably end up switching trains somewhere near Katowice. Maybe not all is lost ;)

Edit: Yeah, that will be it. Leaves Katowice at 0:19 am, arrives in Ostrava at 2:20 am, and in Prague at 7:05 am on the 23rd.

Might be good if you could confirm the precise location of G8 - map reference, GPS coordinates, or some such.

Especialy for you - Directly way from your hotel but there is no problem to pick you up at the hotel because it's really close to G8.

About accomodation - It looks that everyone (beyond Grazza) will be accomodate at my place or gusta's..Some czech doomers will stay at friend's house so don't worry..You'll have a place where you can sleep :)..

Yeah, that will be it. Leaves Katowice at 0:19 am, arrives in Ostrava at 2:20 am, and in Prague at 7:05 am on the 23rd.

Are there another links between your city and Prague? I don't recommend you to be in Ostrava's train station in that hour..Except you own real ssg ;)

Opulent :: I don't know much about weather in CA nowdays but here should be aroune 5°C so take some wraps :)

The train only stops there for 2 minutes, what could happen? :P

I'm more worried about having to wait from 22:56 to 0:19 in Katowice.

The only other route goes through Berlin, so that's kind of pointless :P

Damn, Radeg, you wrote it first here.:-) It was really great LAN party and also the whole meeting (counting thursday and friday parties as well:-). Amazing event for me. Can't wait for another one!

VinceDSS said:

do you guys have some coops demos to show ? :)

A bunch of demos :) I'll upload it soon and Doug has it too so don't worry (he is just leaving)... :)

And yeah it was really kickass party :p

Btw. First i need to find my transfer cable for camera cause it seems that i lost it

Now I can finally match some faces to the names I see on my screen almost everyday :)

I had some great fun at the lan (and at the pub :P), can't wait to see the pics and the rest of the demos, mine and Gusta's coop runs didn't leave enough time for watching those and I also had to leave really early.

It would be great if we could get together like this more often.

Yes, great LAN, lots of fun, and, as Belial says, good to meet guys who previously were just names on a screen. Having seen people actually playing for real will make their demos even more fun to watch in future. (For one thing, now I can imagine the swear words when things go wrong...)

I took some photos and recorded a few coops with Opulent (our ideas for runs seemed to prove popular with some of the other guys too - it was funny to look around the room and see "our run" being attempted on four other screens!). I'm off to the US for a ski trip in about a day's time, so I'm not sure I'll get around to uploading them (or getting my part of the stuff to Ops) before I leave, but they will appear in due course. But don't get too excited - this was the first time I had ever played coop.