Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric Vaughn

Plutonia experiment nightmare mode?

Are there any demoes to be found anywhere for the Plutonia Experiment in nightmare mode? I'll be really impressed if anyone has actually pulled it off.

Ah well..There is only UV speed movie by Stx-Vile in 41:11 and UV max movie by Vince in 174:33..

And i guess that nm run is impossible..Try to get over map02 :p

Yeah this is the wad that Romero should be surprised about if anyone ever beats it in nightmare mode. The sheer number of DOOM II monsters alone makes it very scary. Especially chaingunners >_<

IIRC too many chain-gunners are more specific for TNT, not for Plutonia. I hate TNT for this reason. Also, it has lots of crappy levels.

The only full-game Plutonia movie run is TAS (tool-assisted). It's by Istvan Pataki, and you can find it here. It is quite old, and doesn't use the shortcuts that you see in many of the current compet-n NM records. (TASMBF demo, so to watch it you can use MBF, TASMBF, WinMBF, Eternity, Prboom {v2.1.0 or later, I presume}, or Prboom-plus.)

It's hard to imagine that anyone will do a compet-n full-game Plutonia NM movie demo. Even with the modern tricks, there is so much that can go wrong that the percentage chances of success even in an episode run would be quite small.

If you can do the first few levels of plutonia or TNT in a movie you should get some credit at compet-n. I think the first hard level in plutonia is map04, which may be manageable, then maps 5-7 should be possible. After that map08 is hard to do but with a glide trick it may be reasonable. Map09 should be the run stopper though. As for TNT I did a movie from levels 11-20, and maps 21-30 is very possible. Maps 1-10 should be very hard because of levels 8 and 9.

Yeah, because when I played through Evilution I thought IT had a lot of chaingunners. Then I played Plutonia, and discovered that I was mistaken. Sorely mistaken.

I got up to map08 in the few times I tried. Like xit said though, with that bar glide, a first episode run should be doable.