Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotpockets

doom collectors edition [recording with Doom95]

i go to record a demo on doom, and when i get everything set up, i go to start it, and it crashes and says "I_error:says Doom Demo.Imp recored" i dont get it. help!!!

My ten bucks say you should try with a filename that has no spaces and is max eight characters long.

Jodwin said:

My ten bucks say you should try with a filename that has no spaces and is max eight characters long.

gimmie ten dollars now..nothin says same thing except with a diff name

Judging by the name of this thread, I'm going to assume you're using Doom95. If so, don't. I don't know anything about it except that it's buggy and you won't get much support for it. I would start with Chocolate Doom or PrBoom.

If you want to use Doom95 to record, then in order to get around a known recording bug, you'll need to use this.

But note that it only has good demo compatibility with Ultimate Doom's Doom.exe - not with Doom2.exe or Final Doom.

To record vanilla demos, I can recommend:
The original DOS exes (running under Dosbox if necessary)
Prboom-plus (almost perfect compatibility, extensively tested)
Chocolate-Doom (almost perfect compatibility, not quite so extensively tested, but very little reason to think there are problems)

See also this thread and this one.

Also, moved to the Demos forum, as belongs there.

There are several different versions of Doom95.

If you load the game from the command-line, it should record the demo.(you still have to choose the options in the GUI, I think).
doom95 -record demo33 -maxdemo 1024

If you put -nodm in the command line, then the launcher doesn't come up. Then you can use the standard command-line options for skill, warp, etc., as normal.