Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termrork

Creating a new speedrunning site

I think there are many peaople out there who wants Compnet-N back...
but AdamH hasn't been responding on his e-mail for about some years now.

So maybe it would be the best that a little team would voluntary creat a new site like compnet-n.
One part with the old Iwads, and maybe one part with some good Pwads, e. g. pl2.wad or AV.wad...
Of course we should take the exist records.

So what do you think about this idea?

I don't think we should make a new site or establish admins, but tables incorporating post-AdamH times wouldn't be a bad idea, as they would help people keep track of how COMPET-N compatible records (recorded with the required executables and following the rules) are going. Maybe at the DSDA? It's incorporating /incoming demos, so COMPET-N oriented tables could well be fleshed out there. If not, the Doom Wiki can be improved to include newer data (as it already lists the official records).

This would work and would eliminate any possible conflicts or pressures about officialness.

The Doom Wiki, for one, is open for anyone to edit, so we could all add the info there.

the problem is i have no experience with those things...
grids... those things
can anybody tell me how it should work?
or does someone want to do it voluntary?

I don't think we should do anything. And, please don't worry about these things unless you actually come up with ideas for them. You can submit demos to the forum through the attachment feature, as well as to the DSDA.

If you can't access COMPET-N incoming, post any demos on the COMPET-N thread here.

The actual recording of demos goes before bureaucratic things like sites and charts.