Whitemare demos [-complevel 2 recommended for most maps]

Note by Grazza (Demos forum moderator):

As Whitemare is a wad designed for limit-removing ports, it makes sense to use -complevel 2 for most of the maps if using prboom+. However, map08 and map12 use some Boom features, so for those maps, -complevel 9 is recommended.

For a naming convention, I'd suggest wmNN-XXX.lmp, as this doesn't clash with any existing conventions. Thus wm01t101.lmp would be a Tyson on Map01 in 1:01, and wm13n125.lmp would be a Nightmare on Map13 in 1:25, and a Max on Map31 in 3:45 would be wm31-345.lmp. And so on.

Back to Memfis's original post:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As one of the authors of Whitemare, I'm proudly starting new demo thread. :)

Here is MAP09 UV-SPEED in 0:29.

wht09-29.zip

didierbertrand said:

note to the webmaster:
the attachement doesn't work.
when i try to upload the file, it is an "unknown" file.impossible
to open it, and extract the lmp or txt file.
it's not the first time that happen.

It's because the attachment has a space in the file name. Try using underscores instead (the _ character).

didierbertrand
It could be better. :)

Also tried map01.

PS. Already may be more better demo. I lost a few seconds while fighting spectres and pain elemental. Btw, looks like there is place where may be glide.

wtmr_01_135.zip

A question for the authors:

whitemar.txt said:
Map 12 don't work correctly with -complevel 2

So regarding map12, what complevel is recommended? I played this map with -complevel 2, and reached the exit no problem without anything being obviously wrong. Is it just some cosmetic thing?

Edit: OK, I'm guessing it needs -complevel 9 (Boom behaviour) so the blue key isn't accessible too early. Correct?

Map07 UVmax in 0:46

Shortly after recording this I found this thread finding out that theres already a faster run of map 7(cool demo didierbertrand) but I'm still posting this up :P

wtmr07-046.zip

Edit: OK, I'm guessing it needs -complevel 9 (Boom behaviour) so the blue key isn't accessible too early. Correct?

Yes. For the rest of the maps -complevel 2 is the best decision.

Grazza
Yes, you right. Also there is some over problems.

Edit.
Founded another non-compatible level, map08. Play it with complevel 9.

Hmm, so the wad wasn't fully tested before release with -complevel 2. How was it tested?

If it was only tested systematically with Boom behaviour, then it might make sense to recommend that it is played with -complevel 9. And if it wasn't systematically tested at all, then recorders should be warned of this fact more clearly before they put a lot of time into recording demos that may turn out to be incompatible.