Rebirth demos [-complevel 2]

[MOD EDIT: Post Rebirth demos here. vanilla or -complevel 2 recommended.]

17 UV-Max demos for Rebirth that I made in February. I wonder why this megawad still lacks a good demopack, maps are great IMO.

Share this post


Link to post

skepticist, you are right, this wad definitelly deserves more demos.
I think I have recorded 2 demos for rebirth too but never uploaded: map01 in 0:36 (wanted to reach 0:35/34:-) and map02 in 1:4x-1:5x (I am not sure about the time). I will look if I can still find these demos somewhere on my HDD.
EDIT: So sorry, I don't have these demos anymore...:-/

Share this post


Link to post
Gusta said:

So sorry, I don't have these demos anymore...:-/

It`s sad to hear. Thanks anyway, glad to see that you think Rebirth is good too. BTW I've got 0:34 on map01 already, it could have been 0:33 but silly mistake at the very end of the level cast it`s doom. Pardon my french =)

Share this post


Link to post

Great job on the rebirth demos.

I assume you are using this mapset:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12102

There are sync problems on a few of the demos, at least on my system with prboom plus 2485. Levels 5, 7, 11, 13, 16 and 18 on the first batch of demos and I am just now viewing the start of the second demo pack. So far level 5 has a sync problem.

Very Nice job on what I did see, keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Searcher said:

There are sync problems on a few of the demos, at least on my system with prboom plus 2485. Levels 5, 7, 11, 13, 16 and 18 on the first batch of demos and I am just now viewing the start of the second demo pack. So far level 5 has a sync problem.

There are no problems for me with both EXEs 2.5.0.2.test and 2.4.8.5.
glboom-plus2485.exe -file Rebirth1.wad -playdemo rb05-252.lmp
glboom-plus2502.exe -file Rebirth1.wad -playdemo rb05-252.lmp

Share this post


Link to post

Is the mapset/wad you are using dated 06/24/03 ?

my command line is just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Searcher said:

Is the mapset/wad you are using dated 06/24/03 ?

No, the wad that i recorded demos for dated 07/28/03. It is one that stored in doomworld \idgames archive, so called "debugged" version.

Share this post


Link to post

OK I'm trying again. Thanks dew - and sorry for the double post.

***
The Rebirth (Rebirth1.wad)
Map 3
UV Fast in 4:40
PrBoom v. 2.5.0

There is a Rebirth thread but it's over two years old. Apparently you're not supposed to bump them. So here I am.

I'm recording on a Mac and I can't yet get PrBoom Plus to run any WADs.

rebirth-map03-440-uvfast.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Kotzugi said:

There is a Rebirth thread but it's over two years old. Apparently you're not supposed to bump them.

By the way, this does not apply for our subforum, you're allowed to post in old demo wads. We're special, after all. :)

Share this post


Link to post

More a survival run than a speed run. My first and only exit in several hundred tries over several days, thanks to a very difficult start in fast mode.

The Rebirth
Map 9
UV Fast in 6:03
PrBoom Plus v. 2.5.1.2

reb09uvf-603.zip

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

By the way, this does not apply for our subforum, you're allowed to post in old demo wads. We're special, after all. :)


Nice. The Rebirth is a sweet wad, glad to see it come around again.

Share this post


Link to post

Rebirth
Map 10: The Machine
Two demos: UV Fast and nomo
Times: 4:32 and 0:59

My first attempt at nomo. It was a fun challenge on a fun little map.

reb10uvf.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Kotzugi said:

My first attempt at nomo. It was a fun challenge on a fun little map.

Why did you enter all the secrets? Nomo has no secrets requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
4shockblast said:

Why did you enter all the secrets? Nomo has no secrets requirement.

Ooh I didn't know that. Thanks. :P

Edit: In that case, no need to upload my nomo run to the archive. Think I'll make another one without the secrets.

Edit edit: I'll have to edit the readme file as well (make a separate one for the UV Fast run). Since it seems that I can't attach to an edited post, I'll have to double post (sorry in advance).

Share this post


Link to post

The Rebirth
Map 10: The Machine
Category: No monsters
Time: 0:46
Also includes a non-serious TAS run with 25% speed with a time of 0:43.

It's OK with me if the (")TAS(") demo is uploaded to DSDA but note that it is not a serious attempt (first try and only using slowdown, for comparative purposes).

PS Run is my first attempt at nomo (excluding the 0:59 above where I have mistakenly included all secrets as well). Constructive criticism welcome. Yes I have noted the slight bumps at 0:07 and 0:22. :)

reb10nomo.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Watching that run again, now I'm wondering if it's possible to record a pacifist run if there is no way to avoid telefragging a monster? I mean does it count if it's obvious that you can't avoid it?

Share this post


Link to post
Kotzugi said:

The Rebirth
Map 10: The Machine
Category: No monsters
Time: 0:46
Also includes a non-serious TAS run with 25% speed with a time of 0:43.

It's OK with me if the (")TAS(") demo is uploaded to DSDA but note that it is not a serious attempt (first try and only using slowdown, for comparative purposes).

PS Run is my first attempt at nomo (excluding the 0:59 above where I have mistakenly included all secrets as well). Constructive criticism welcome. Yes I have noted the slight bumps at 0:07 and 0:22. :)

Rebirth Map 10 Nomo in 0:39.63. Made this demo awhile ago, and decided I'd wait for your run. Your biggest problem isn't really bumps, it's that you spend too much time preparing to run somewhere by turning or stopping awhile. The biggest thing about nomonsters is that you gotta just go, even if you're not facing in the exact direction.

Preparing

rb10o039.zip

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question (as Im quite the noob when it comes to demos!):

Does Revved kill those three revenants that raise infront of the IoS in this demo? Does not look like it to me, and if thats the case, isnt the demo (max) invalid?

http://doomedsda.us/lmps/761/1/rb30-121.zip

edit: I tried a few times and they dont raise if I spam from the same spot as Revved. Are they killed by blast damage then?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now