Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Doom2 TAS UVMax Map01 - Map12 - 22:18

I worked on this earlier in the year but I got a bit lazy after map 10 because I didn't have Andrey Budko's routes to replicate, so here is what I've got so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX8uyU11aLQ

Hopefully there will be a Part 2!

I'm nowhere near the speed of Andrey but my main goal was to do a decent TAS uvmax of all of Doom2 and I'll leave it to someone else to go for perfection :) First few maps were too slow but I was just getting into the swing of things and got a bit sharper after that but there were some problems with Map08 and crowd control so I ended up doing a safe run out of frustration after many back to the drawing boards. Map06... I dunno how Andrey got the lift to be ready for him after the blue key part because I tried many times with no luck and so ended up waiting for the lift :(

I'm probably gonna start up again and try to finish more/all of the maps once I figure out Map13.

I didn't do the demo with any comp levels and it was recorded under prboom-plus, so it's probably only viewable with that.

Also shows the progress I've made on Map13 in the last couple of days.

fartt.zip

Nice demo, it was interesting to see the increase in quality from start to finish. Map 01 and 02 were a bit weak, but you came back with mostly strong tas performances after that. I particularly enjoyed map 09; not using complevel 2 made that map a bit harder for you.