Find results in...
j4rio

Slaughterfest 2011 demos [-complevel 9]

TimeOfDeath said:

Spoiler

HI GGGMORK, HOW ARE YOU DOING :)
ALSO, DAMN YOU J4RIO :)

Spoiler

*covers microphone* My client is advised not to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate him.

j4rio trounced me by 6 seconds on 29! I think in infinite bfg maps, infighting might not help speed much, because you can usually bfg faster than they infight (didn't use caco corpse shrinker).
Ancalagon's 16 max (+ others) was quite action packed. Takes luck/attempts to squeeze by to the bfg though.

sf2011v8-29-2154-uvmax-cl9-ggg.zip

Heh, just so you don't feel underappreciated, you've actually beaten my latest max of 29 I've just done by half a minute. I didn't use caco shrinker as well (I did use it during that 21:4X) and it would probably be half a minute faster if stray monsters weren't so far.

sf29-2229.zip

Don't worry, TOD will probably do it in about 18:30. Speaking of underappreciated, I think someone deliberately changed the title of my cool 'gggmork appreciation thread' into one which mentions no appreciation.. I can take a hint.

1 hour 14 minutes max on 26, whew... 90% of the time spent uvmaxing a map this big/long is figuring out the route/secrets etc which is why I usually prefer shorter maps with simpler routes. You can also make shorter maps harder because restarting from 5 minutes in isn't as big a time loss as restarting from 50 minutes.
I just went straight to the exit then spent tons of time cleaning up stragglers in not so fast ways.
I'd try 30 but it plays really slow nuts-ish for me about when the first vile horde appears.

sf2011v8-26-uvmax-1hr14-cl9-ggg.zip

26 speed fail

Some masterful AV handling in there. Too bad you waited for the third wave, you killed the first two fast enough to be able to skip it.

There's another shortcut you missed near the end that would have changed this demo into a success. I'll let you figure it out... ;)

13 uvmax in 4:01
8 uvmax in 11:24
5 uvmax in 6:32

Pretty much first exits, so improvable. On 5, I tried going straight to masterminds without killing column cybers first in previous attempts (failed) which is really challenging but maybe that wouldn't be faster anyway.
Used hud at the end of 8 and possibly 13, I forget.
All my maps 'allow' hud and iddt by the way (20 would be really annoying without iddt).

sf2011v8-13-8-5-uvmax.zip

(iddt/hud allowed on this map)
I press tab/iddt twice after triggering the first exit lift, then check for stragglers on the map before exiting each section (because its impossible to return to previous section, by design, otherwise the route might be to quickly get the bfg then return to earlier sections).
Not dying on all 5 sections in a row is annoyingly hard, and means you have to replay earlier sections over and over.

sf2011v8-20-uvmax-1113-cl9-ggg.zip

Nice run. Here's a fail run trying a bit of a different strategy (clear out a row of lava viles and stay out there, letting enemies come to you and kill some arachnotrons as soon as they appear). I think it was 9:20 or so at death but had 3 sets of end cybers left + more viles.

sf2011v8-07-fail-ggg.zip

MAP11 UV-Speed in 3:49

This goes out especially to my friends j4rio and Ancalagon (who asked me to do this). Long time no demo, my friends :)

sf11-349.zip

map 10 UV-max in 5:45

I tried to keep the revenats in the YK room alive and BFG them later, but I ran out of cells of course.

SAV88: Nice time on map 11 :)

j4rio said:

11 max 17:35

i swear: was about to post "please go for a max of the level"
damn j4 you are reading my mind, thanks :)

dannebubinga said:

map 10 UV-max in 5:45

I tried to keep the revenats in the YK room alive and BFG them later, but I ran out of cells of course.

SAV88: Nice time on map 11 :)

Hah, cool! Ironically enough, I had an exit on this map with 6:12, but I felt that it sucked and wanted to do sub-6. Cool to see you have already done it. I have some ideas to improve this but I won't be able to play this game for a few days. Time to aim for should be 4:XX.
Also, is it just me or you have to rely a lot on luck on the last room? Like, if Cybies don't move the way you expect them, your run is dead.