j4rio

Slaughterfest 2011 demos [-complevel 9]

Phml said:

Map25 UV Max in 21:46

Faster, and yet, worse.

Brilliant demo. Sub-20 seems possible but this is still really good! In time:

MAP22 UV-Max in 6:24

sf22-624.zip

6:10 uvmax on 22. Now I think blue first is fastest because that area is shaped so monsters get stuck on architecture whereas they can come out of red easier. So I go blue, red, then back to blue, running back/forth killing viles figuring most reds will come out on their own. Whether the cyber infights to death or you don't take much time finding last stragglers are maybe the main luck elements.

phml: ha ha, I noticed that this time you immediately killed that one spiderdemon that almost chaingunned your ass last time. I'd try that map but long ones often take lots of pre doombuilder study and memorization.

edit: nevermind, 1 monster was alive

sf2011v8-22-610-cl9-uvmax-ggg.zip

gggmork said:

6:10 uvmax on 22. Now I think blue first is fastest because that area is shaped so monsters get stuck on architecture whereas they can come out of red easier. So I go blue, red, then back to blue, running back/forth killing viles figuring most reds will come out on their own. Whether the cyber infights to death or you don't take much time finding last stragglers are maybe the main luck elements.

phml: ha ha, I noticed that this time you immediately killed that one spiderdemon that almost chaingunned your ass last time. I'd try that map but long ones often take lots of pre doombuilder study and memorization.

So, you are like that? You only show up if someone beats your time? Haha.
Great demo! That was some real infighting going on. My Cybie barely did any infighting, and that costed me around 20 secs.
Sadly, one monster was alive when you left the level, so this demo is not valid. On the other hand, you just showed up a real good way to do 5:XX here.

Yeah, even if it takes, like, a long time (map 10). I might as well have no penis in real life so I have to defend my e-penis!!1one Plus I get to trick you into replaying a map you don't like. I can't let some player who essentially cheats by using one of those newfangled 'mouse' gizmos show up my keyboard skillz yo (unless they're TOD/okuplok/analakalawhatchamagon/etc, cuz their e-peni are like, really long..).

gggmork said:

Yeah, even if it takes, like, a long time (map 10). I might as well have no penis in real life so I have to defend my e-penis!!1one Plus I get to trick you into replaying a map you don't like. I can't let some player who essentially cheats by using one of those newfangled 'mouse' gizmos show up my keyboard skillz yo (unless they're TOD/okuplok/analakalawhatchamagon/etc, cuz their e-peni are like, really long..).

The bad side about competing against you is that your demos are always automatically cooler.

MAP22 UV-Max in 5:50

sf22-550.zip

Thanks! Even though I know you are going to beat this easily (Cybie made me lose time again). Actually, I wanted to do MAP19, but I can't seem to find a reliable solution for it. Can you?

I had a demo of it but megaupload was government'd. Now you'll have to play more maps you don't like. I hope those halfdecent DH maps get used as fillers this year as well, gosh.

Here's 19 in 5:47. Time can still be halved probably. Oh, and thanks for demos on those maps I'm unfotunately associated with, haha.

sf19-547.zip

19 is fun/unique. 5:29 uvmax with luck after lots of deaths/attempts (need to memorize/work secrets into route for better speed, also can probably just start bfging cyber while stuck/lowering, didn't try).
Also only 4 seconds faster on 22 uvmax again.

sf2011v8-19-and-22-uvmax-ggg.zip

Map25 UV Max in 21:23

Recorded a few days ago but didn't feel like uploading due to the minor difference in time. Also includes another run.

sf25-2123.zip

dannebubinga said:

map 10 max in 4:47

Nice one, I tried more and got 5:03 and think I give up.

Map 30 UV-Max in 1:33:44

Probably the longest demo I've ever released since that one I did for The Spire way back when.

Of course I just have to go and pull a stupid and nearly cost myself a run near the end, haha.

sf309344.zip

Heh, thanks. Gonna give it a watch tomorrow. I did it in 45 minutes or something but that demo desynces due to move to map 30 (had to put blocklines to teleporters), I think I posted it here or maybe not... whatevs

Wow, finally a map30 demo! I'll definitely watch this, have tons of time nowadays and this map is hell of a fun. I've never tried it in singleplayer though, but in multi it was awesome, albeit servers crashing all the time after the blue key room :)

After a long search I managed to trace that demo... on a desktop. HEH. Another of many benefits of storing everything on my highly organized desktop.

Plays back with this

Good playing Anima btw.

sf30-4656.zip