Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

j4rio said:

Holy Hell map 5 uvmax in 2:58:33 by Okuplok

Supreme! But it desynchs at the 66th minute for me. Any idea of why? Thanks!

Plays back for me. Prboom-plus 2.5.1.3 was used for recording, so you could try updating it.

j4rio said:

Holy Hell map 5 uvmax in 2:58:33 by Okuplok

when was this recorded, is oku back into makin demos?

I think I'll grab some chips and soda and watch this back at 2x :D

He was busy this year, so he didn't record anything besides this. Also he told me his past .lmps not uploaded to dsda were deleted long ago.

Memfis said:
Anyway, shouldn't you play it with -complevel 11? ("Advanced engine needed : A Boom-compatible source port that supports MBF.")

It could be due to cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect play and shows up on PrBoom+'s Boom compatibility anyway, such as the sky transfer feature.

Two maxes (MAP01 in 2:27, MAP02 in 4:12) for Odyssey, an excellent 7 map episode from 1995 that has only 4 comments on /idgames! Whaaat?
Unfortunately, it seems that this wad wasn't made with pistol starts in mind, so some maps are totally unbalanced if you play them from scratch. I just tried to FDA 03 and 04 but the monsters said "No". I'll go take a look at the remaining maps now.

Anyone up for UV-Max Movie?

edit: just found out that another odyssey.wad (1996) exists. Don't get confused.

ody1-2mem.zip

Yes, I recall MAP03 as maxable, as E4M1 tysonable. And the second Odyssey, by E.Cannon, is arguably a better WAD overall.

PS Haha, a nice Looper style shot at -skipsec 100 in ody1-227.

I tried the second "Odyssey" and design-wise it's definitely better, but the 1995 wad has better gameplay (maybe even as good as in Requiem\MM) so it's cool too. :)

Torment
MAP02 UV-Max in 4:58

trm2-458.zip

Combat Shock 2, Map 04: Rapid Fire, UV-max in 22:37

(played on the wad that danne released on idgames, I assumed this was the final version)

cs2_04_2237.zip

Combat Shock 2 map 04 UV-max in 20:39

The time isn't that much better than ribbiks. But This could give you an idea on how to play certain parts faster :)

More cs2 demos please ;)

cs2-04-2039.zip

not to be a negative nancy, but you missed a few monsters :p (rezzed revs on the ledge).

regardless, some pretty neat tricks in there. I probably won't try and beat my previous time in the near future, but I may attempt maps 1-3. (5 and 6 are currently way out of my league)

can somebody plz help me finding the missing secret?????
Its Sacrament Wad map 7 (awesome music :)

sac7.zip

You missed the BFG secret. There is one green stone wall near the exit. Press on it and a wall will lower nearby.

Looking forward to watching it when I get home. I'm glad to see some demos for Sacrament. Maybe it's not the best wad gameplay wise, but it has a very special atmosphere (and the music is a big part of it of course) that I haven't seen in any other wad (or game, or movie, or book...). Map13 ftw.