Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

any help to find soulsphere of map 8????
map 13 is awesome and huge....
its map 9 of sacrament uvmax at 7:42

sac9-742.zip

Nice! Man, that last area is beatiful...
It seems that you can't get the green sphere on map09 and the soulsphere on map08 due to mapping errors. I think Archi tested these maps only in ZDoom and missed these bugs. So you only need 50% secrets for map08 uv-max.

Alternatively you can use -complevel 9, then both spheres will be reachable. Here is a map08 -cl 9 demo with all secrets:

sac8secr.zip

Memfis said:

Alternatively you can use -complevel 9, then both spheres will be reachable. Here is a map08 -cl 9 demo with all secrets:

yes you are right
It means this wad uses complevel 9 :-(
then why you uses complevel 2 for it ?
here's uvmax of map 8 at 6:52 uses cl9

sac8-652.zip

Well, in the textfile it is written that this a limit removing wad. So it was meant to be for -cl 2, but in some maps you need -cl 9 to get 100% kills/secrets due to various bugs. In my opinion -cl 9 should be used only on these bugged maps but that't up for debate. It's not a big deal anyway I think.

Holy hell map04 tell me this max is valid in 19:36
At least missed around 40 monsters less than j4rio, but nobody knows when dw community wants to say a demo is not valid

hh04-1936.zip

Ancalagon said:

Holy hell map04 tell me this max is valid in 19:36
At least missed around 40 monsters less than j4rio, but nobody knows when dw community wants to say a demo is not valid

Looks valid to me! Good job, btw :)

There's a stupid teleporter working as lift in that iirc and at some point it just closes off, so there's always different amount of missed monsters. I think in my 28:XX I missed only 4 monsters.

There was a leftover monster in starting area, but I've no slightest idea how it got there. That map is so unbelieveably broken.

yeah after hitting both switches at bridges you must wait for all monsters to spawn in, otherwise it screws up and monsters get trapped when you use lift. ;)

so, it's something you do in the map that makes monsters get trapped there? I thought that area where they are was timed. How did a monster get to spawn area!? I am sure I all was dead there when I left it

Oh, yeah, I get it. The tiny room where you teleport from starting area is accessible by cacos and they can teleport back to starting room through it.

It would honestly be an utter nonsense to bother trying to get 100% valid max there.

I made a 5 Years demo too.
MAP02 UV-Max in 3:10.

Maybe Holy Hell enthusiasts should make a patch that fixes all annoying teleporters?

5yr2-310.zip

Memfis said:

I made a 5 Years demo too.
MAP02 UV-Max in 3:10.

Cute map! :)
I was trying to make a Max for MAP03, but I can't seem to be able to find the Partial Invisibility secret. Do you know how to trigger it?

Thanks!

Holy hell map04 max in 19:36
Yes, 19:36 again, but didn't miss monsters in this one

Very nice Mordeth demos. But, to clarify: On MAP06 I knew YK was not needed. I did, however, do something equally stupid in 2059-mrd and 1829-mrd: I thought I needed the red key for some reason. Oh well...

And then of course you're right I missed an obvious jump to the exit building which means another movie is called for.

Lol, for some reason i thought you also take a yellow key %).