Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

Well here i have the closest I've got to doing this trick (no RL). I'm not gonna bother with it for a bit, I'll just carry on with the actual run. If anyone is going to take a look at this i suggest to look at it in a replay editor to actually see how close it is. With the right combination of tics I'm sure this route will workout somehow, but i'm not gonna bother with it atm.

closest.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Map 04 is now complete from my prcp demo. I have 1 demo where i do the map normally and a faster demo where it includes an av jump to the exit.







This map was fairly easy to do, took little time as well. Hardest part was probably getting the archvile in the right place.

04pv-200.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah the map02 trick is a very advanced trick, it took me a while to realize it but you also need to use a spectre on the ground to wallrun algainst to carry the player across. in my demo you can see that i even got a boost from the revenant :P

Share this post


Link to post
odysseyofnoises said:

Yeah the map02 trick is a very advanced trick, it took me a while to realize it but you also need to use a spectre on the ground to wallrun algainst to carry the player across. in my demo you can see that i even got a boost from the revenant :P


I think lining both demons up perfectly and skipping across that gap without damage assistance would probably be near impossible, lol or would just take a long ass time of screwing around with different tic combinations.

Share this post


Link to post

i repeat myself, but why do you still choose to use complevel 2, even after being told specifically it's not the right compatability setting for prcp?
it makes your demos difficult to watch because of desyncs. using prboom-plus 2.5.1.3 or higher does NOT help, because your demo doesn't include a footer, therefore the game assumes it should use complevel 4 (final doom iwads). your demo can only be watched via command line by forcing complevel 2. which is not the right comp setting anyways.

this will thin out your audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Hock said:

I think lining both demons up perfectly and skipping across that gap without damage assistance would probably be near impossible, lol or would just take a long ass time of screwing around with different tic combinations.


yes, that is another possibility, and in co-op you can do player-on-player thingrunning :P I am currently working on map03 of my prcp movie, I will suspend my plutonia movie until the weekend because it just takes a long freaking time to record that (because its uv-max)

Share this post


Link to post

alright I finished map03 in 39 and map04 in 35. I'll wait for someone to do the map05 route before I do it myself.

Share this post


Link to post

Here Hock, you can use this.
It's your map01 and my map02.
This time more damage taken, but revenant opens door :))

Please, don't upload this to DSDA :p

02pv-028.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Hock said:

Well here i have the closest I've got to doing this trick (no RL). I'm not gonna bother with it for a bit, I'll just carry on with the actual run. If anyone is going to take a look at this i suggest to look at it in a replay editor to actually see how close it is. With the right combination of tics I'm sure this route will workout somehow, but i'm not gonna bother with it atm.


That jump was 14.3 distance too short and the jump could be done 4.5 distance closer to the edge :p

Share this post


Link to post
Paska said:

Here Hock, you can use this.
It's your map01 and my map02.
This time more damage taken, but revenant opens door :))

Please, don't upload this to DSDA :p


Oh, i like :)

Depending on how much damage i took in map 03 i might be able to use the exact same route for map 03, but will change map 04 to make the av jump a bit faster

Share this post


Link to post
odysseyofnoises said:

I hope theres a trick on map05!

nope. but there are chaingunners! does that count?

Share this post


Link to post

noooo i hate chaingunners. oh and i realized i need to fix something at the end of my map04, so i will do that when i get home. i realized i grabbed the ssg before i left the room but since i die at the end of the map, why would i need to waste time getting it...

Share this post


Link to post
odysseyofnoises said:

noooo i hate chaingunners. oh and i realized i need to fix something at the end of my map04, so i will do that when i get home. i realized i grabbed the ssg before i left the room but since i die at the end of the map, why would i need to waste time getting it...


Can i see your demo to see what route you took? because the way i took it seemed to waste a lot more time than necessary.

Share this post


Link to post

alright so here is basically what I have so far of my movie. this is maps 1-4 in 1:46

its weird how on map04 the timer sais I exited at 34.97 but the time displayed on the intermission screen is 35...

Share this post


Link to post

new update: map05 is done! and in 35 seconds too. overall this was actually not such a bad map to run as I was expecting. The only real annoyance was the hall leading from the yellow key to the blue key that was full of chaingunners, yeah... other than that not really any bad monster collisions, just smooth running.

prcp[5].zip

Share this post


Link to post
odysseyofnoises said:

its weird how on map04 the timer sais I exited at 34.97 but the time displayed on the intermission screen is 35...


When exiting a level in GLBoom, its timer shows one tic less than the actual time (35.00 in your case). PRBoom has no such bug.

And keep up the good work, it's interesting to see this lovely wad done quick.

Share this post


Link to post

i can already see a linedef skip at the beginning of map06 heh. by the way, dew: make sure that the routes in my movie are optimal before I move on to map06 (yeah i know the times arent completely optimized).

Share this post


Link to post

On map04 how about using two AV-jumps to get the yellow key? Looks like there is enough health and armor for that.
pic

And on map05 you could try to lure arch-vile (Thing 21) to the red key and grab it with his assistance. It might be faster than normal route.

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

On map04 how about using two AV-jumps to get the yellow key? Looks like there is enough health and armor for that.
pic

And on map05 you could try to lure arch-vile (Thing 21) to the red key and gr

ab it with his assistance. It might be faster than normal route.


well I dont think both archviles are present at the start of map04, because i know one of the two appears after the taking of the yellow key, if they were there of course I would think of that trick too. but I really dont think doing av jump on map05 would help; it takes an archvile 3full seconds to complete its attack, whereas using the normal route it also takes me 2-3 seconds to get the red key.

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

And on map05 you could try to lure arch-vile (Thing 21) to the red key and grab it with his assistance. It might be faster than normal route.

the multiplayer-only archie? good thinking! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Oh. I've only looked in the editor. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

Oh. I've only looked in the editor. :D


It’s evident ;)


I always discover tricks by looking at the maps in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

the multiplayer-only archie? good thinking! :)


wow I would have to have some special powers to operate a multiplayer-only archie in singleplayer :p so... I’m going to say that my routes are optimal and I can continue to map06 after I get home. And i would appreciate it if someone recorded a nomonsters run of the map for me so I can see the normal route. how much time would you think is saved by doing a linedef skip to get the red key?

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

no!


wow! thank you for bringing this to my attention... i predict now that the time could be under 20. definitely will be updated. but dammit this means I will have to redo my good map05 too ;( oh well at least that one is just straight running.

Share this post


Link to post

there we go! did map04 in 15 seconds, thats a full 20 seconds saved from the last demo. now its time to redo map05.

Edit: Here are finished maps 1-5. time on map05 is 34 seconds which is even 1 second faster than my old time ^.^ the total time for maps 1-5 is 2:00

also I've attached a weird map05 demo where a revenant fireball just disappears in mid air! if you look at the blue key revenant in slowmotion/third person you'll see it. can anyone tell me how the hell that happens?!

prcp[5].zip

Share this post


Link to post

on map06 im having problem doing the linedef skip to the red key... I can easily break the one that opens those doors but not the one that closes the bars, what gives? >.<

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now