Past threads (both from 2005): 1, 2
So yes, your task is to guess who was the player in the demos in question. If you can state what the demo was, so much the better.
All the text are related to somewhat new demos (no older than from 2005). No player is repeated twice.
1. "When lowering that lift, there's a distant deaf caco (thing 117) that I try to wake up by him seeing me"
2. "All prboom+ users should kindly press the pgdown key at this point..."
3. "But enough about my life... let's talk about the demo."
(another section from the same text file)
"Outside, I kill some Sergeants at the east end of the building, and then enter it from that side to kill some Imps and hit a switch. Leaping out, I reenter the building from the same end, but this time, I go through the newly-opened doorway and kill the Imps there. Behind them is a blue keycard. But when I approach it? Out pops a Baron of Hell! (And a chaingun, but that's not important!) "
4. "Even so, runs are occasionally ruined when the mastermind refuses to fire, apparently recording a pacifist run of his own"
5. "For the cyberdemon/cacodemon battle, I lure their rockets to the caco horde, then just sit back and enjoy. This is why I clear out the room leading to the blue key early. I handle the 2nd caco horde manually since I find it hard to get them to fight the cybers. "
6. "Sorry for the breach of toilet etiquete. When you find yourself in the ladies (however unexpectedly), always walk straight to the exit looking neither to the left nor to the right. Do NOT wink at anybody. But I didn't want to miss monsters."
7. "And indeed, lol at the barrel explosion at the yellow key door. Maybe it's very funny, but it's a trap, be careful not to stay inside the room since barrels will roll off from both hidden walls and ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO!!!!!!!!!"
8. "Heh! I started this one aiming for a 26-second pacifist run, but decided to continue playing even after the beginning was ruined by the monsters. So this ended up being a tyson run. Quite aggressive start. :)"
9. "(although I did check in DB2 to have a rough idea of the map - what's important to know is a walkover linedef near the maze
triggers a slow crusher that kills the 500 revenants on top of the outer edges 8 minutes later)."
10. "Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief, having reached the end of this tedious demo. In closing, I'd like to give a special "thanks" to Never Again for suggesting this poorly built level. Should we ever meet in person, you've earned a smack upside the head.:-)"