Chex Quest series demos [-complevel 3]

Chex Quest has been here for a long time, yet no speed demos thread for it.
This thread will be for Chex Quest 1-3 Speedruns.
Will be posting demos soon, just making a thread to keep things organized and to make Kraflab happy.

You need to use "-exe chex" in prboom+ to obtain chex quest behaviour (along with the chex.deh).

Also, chex quest 3 is a zdoom wad, so none of this applies to that.

Also, I don't think this really needs its own thread, unless you'll be doing a full table fill I guess. :D

Monsters seem fine without -exe chex, or the .deh.

I'm just telling you what the prboom+ usage file indicates, that -exe chex is for chex quest, whereas -complevel 3 is for ultimate doom. I don't know if it makes any difference, although the -deh should be necessary for changing the slime behaviours I think (although idk, it doesn't look any different to me *shrug*).

Edit: just remembered the latest version of prboom+ has chex.deh embedded into it I think, so you're actually using it even when you think you are not.

Chex Quest E1M1 Pacifist in 0:00.97. There, no TAS needed. :) Also, Zero_uk's demo on the DSDA is Pacifist as well.

Haha, I wonder if I have the most 0:00 demos on the DSDA. :D

Edit: Also, this should be merged into the Chex Quest demos thread (previous PRCP run should be merged into the PRCP demos thread as well). Btw, the Chex Quest demos thread isn't listed in the sticky either.

On another note, in searching for the CQ thread, I found this old thread with Chex Quest demos that aren't on the DSDA, and the link in the thread doesn't work either. Based on the movie time, the runs are probably slow, but still would be interesting if they were uploaded somewhere in the unlikely scenario anyone has them still.

cq01p097.zip

UV-Speed in 3:42

Going to improve this more (hopefully), just posting the increment because I made some minor changes to the route.

cqe1-342.zip

cq1 uv-max in 9:40 

execution was kind of sloppy in a lot of parts. main improvement over kraflab's run is skipping the BFG, i think. m3 also was really fast compared to my usual times on that level.

cqe1-940.zip

Edited by veovisRC
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Love the evolution of the UV-Speed record. 

was bored, did cq1 UV-pacifist. ended up with a 7:33. fun category, that time can be improved but not sure if i want to go for it.

cqe1p733.zip

Edited by veovisRC

Posted (edited)