NOVA 2 Demos [-complevel 2]

if i remember correctly, it's possible to open the exit room of my map from the start room by standing above the switch that is exposed and pressing it. this makes uv-speed pretty trivial if you can pull off the jumps required to access it

i think its map11? its called "a plague o' shotguns" or something

jmickle66666666 said:

if i remember correctly, it's possible to open the exit room of my map from the start room by standing above the switch that is exposed and pressing it. this makes uv-speed pretty trivial if you can pull off the jumps required to access it

i think its map11? its called "a plague o' shotguns" or something

I found the exit, it has a soul sphere in it. But even with the SR50 jump, I can't find a way to open a passage to it.

take a look at the map in an editor, there's a tiny wall that covers the switch, you can stand above that and hit it

jmickle66666666 said:

take a look at the map in an editor, there's a tiny wall that covers the switch, you can stand above that and hit it

But there is a linedef right behind the exit door that kills you.

Yeah because it's a death exit, seems like Dobu designed it in a very unreliable way which seems to not work all the time while playing on CL2. Unfortunately i just discovered that today after stumblin over this thread :(
I guess the issue will be fixed with the v1.1 idgames update.

tourniquet said:

Yeah because it's a death exit, seems like Dobu designed it in a very unreliable way which seems to not work all the time while playing on CL2. Unfortunately i just discovered that today after stumblin over this thread :(
I guess the issue will be fixed with the v1.1 idgames update.

update?
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NinjaLiquidator said:

UV Max of Map02 - my favorite (except the bitching Supercharge secret). Recorded in Zdoom 2.6.1. I wonder why more guys dont play this wad.

http://ulozto.net/xjeke5xL/nova2-map02-lmp

If you're going to use a specific version of zDOOM please link to it so we don't have to search for that exact version. Also you should put the demo file and a readme .txt file in a .zip folder and use the attachment options in this thread.

I highly suggest you refrain from using zDOOM or any of its cousins for demo recording, as these source ports aren't built for demo compatibility between versions.

I recommend using Prboom-Plus2.5.1.4 for this wad, and don't forget to use -complevel 2

If anyone wants to know the time he/she got it is 2:27