• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Walktrought Tarakans.WAD (Hard WAD)

+++ Level 13 +++

UV-MAX 16:32

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is not large, but takes many time because of level very hard. On this map there are many archviles and you have to find only shotgun and supershotgun!!! Thank god that I found berserker on beginning!!! Without him I would pass this level longer.

tarakans_13.zip

+++ Level 18 +++

UV-MAX 18:17

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

higher level, more harder... :/

"Another large map and it hard!! At beginning you get challenge witch 21 Archviles, on middle of map need beat with new monster "Lost soul shotgun". He had 250 HP, he can shot like shotgun guy and after death appears 3 new normal lost sould. On last you need walk on dark floor, need save ammos and be careful. Another challenge is a room with many demon-rocket... try shot only with 1 rocket, with this you can something survive."

tarakans_18.zip

+++ Level 20 +++

UV-MAX 9:57

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Short map and not so hard. There are many traps and need know which way you need walk. On end where icon of sin you need activate switcher fast as you can and you will win.

Question: Is this demo UV-MAX if there icon of sin? I did it on 100% kills

tarakans_20.zip

+++ Level 21 +++

UV-MAX 10:53

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is hard because of many rockets monsters. You have only shotgun, chaingun and rocket to kill cybers and pass level. Berserker can make level beat more easier.

tarakans_21.zip

+++ Level 22 +++

UV-MAX 16:22

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is hard because you need save ammos, dodge any attacks and pass last part was very hard. Of course there is new monster to meet "Onager-Imp", most dangerous monster on Tarakans.WAD. He shot mancubus fireballs on five direction with "fastweapons" setup and after death appears one rocket and you need dodge. If these monsters was over 10, then that was hard...

tarakans_22.zip

+++ Level 23 +++

UV-MAX 15:29

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is hard because need save health points. I like this idea a crushed room with many cybers, need dodge rockets and use strategy. Most hard piece was a battle on elevator area, here was extremely. I survived as i can :)

tarakans_23.zip

+++ Level 19 +++

UV-MAX 14:35

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Medium map, many revenants but low cell ammos. On teleport rooms need know, which teleport you need to use. You see a red and white teleport texture and here is combination - R,R,W,R,R,W,W,W,R,R,W,R,R,W (R-Red, W-White)

tarakans_19.zip

yaqxsw said:

Medium map, many revenants but low cell ammos. On teleport rooms need know, which teleport you need to use. You see a red and white teleport texture and here is combination - R,R,W,R,R,W,W,W,R,R,W,R,R,W (R-Red, W-White)

Good advice :)

I have two problems

1. I cant open this door on Prboom. On Zdoom works no problem, door open, but I need that this works on Prboom too because of TAS!!! Similar problem was on level 3 at beginning on and I solved it because I activated door pillars other side. Level 21 same this door and solved - look on 2:23 time. Now this trick didnt work and I stuck on level 26!!! Can someone tell me how solve??!! Here no need to fix, all is ok, but door dont open on Prboom!!! Here is pic:

2. On level 25 is another problem with prboom. At beginning author had designed level, that player need shot/push marine (himself). But here a problem. Marine and me have low healt. After pushing marine he got health points and I have 200% health, but marine didnt had 200%, he had 20% (he dont get health point). On last he died and I too... that is wrong. On zdoom will works as planed...

Can someone solve or tell me how fix?

I barely understand your English, so I assume you are talking about zero-tagged lines with switch/gunfire actions. Fix it in your tarakansfix.wad.

Edit: I've noticed a few lines with specials near that door, give them flag 1024 (pass use action).

38_ViTa_38 said:

I barely understand your English, so I assume you are talking about zero-tagged lines with switch/gunfire actions. Fix it in your tarakansfix.wad.

Edit: I've noticed a few lines with specials near that door, give them flag 1024 (pass use action).

Interesting fact, if I remove a linedef tag (48 scroll texture) near gate, gate will open...

Do you know how solve question 2?

+++ Level 26 +++

UV-MAX 21:27

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This is one hard piece of Tarakans.WAD and large. This map have style like slaughterfest and there are collected all custom monsters. These monsters are very dangerous, murders and annihilators. Dont joke with these. Another you need kill many archvilles and on last part many pain elemental and this is not easy...

(With tarakansfix.wad)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90030313/DoomII/Tarakans_26.zip

+++ Level 24 +++

UV-MAX 11:44

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is hard because of many lost-sould-shotgunner. These monsters make level more difficult. Besides there are no many health points and you need use a lot time with supershotgun. Rocket ammos are low and you need save this.

tarakans_24.zip

+++ Level 28 +++

UV-MAX 15:54

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

One of challenge map on tarakans.wad. Here you need dodge many fireballs. On second part you need use some strategies that you not stuck at blind alley because there are many onager-imps and they push you with a lot fireballs back on a corn. You will never come back :)

tarakans_28.zip

+++ Level 30 +++

UV-SPEED 12:05

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Final map and its looks similar level 1. Some small change - more traps and more dangerous monsters.

+++ Level 27 +++

UV-MAX 13:49

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Hard level, a lot lost souls and some are not killable... Besides this map looks like cockroach. The name of WAD "tarakans" sounds like russian word and it translated as cockroach.

Level 25 and 31 have problem run on prboom and I cant make a walkthrough. So now I finished this WAD :) Here is a playlist of my run on Tarakans WAD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwdIpbrpAnE&list=PLEPyMLS_ZtycZqKTjY8yBWgRELjQhblEE

Who liked my walkthrough? If you like my run, so you can send me a WAD and I can make a walkthrough (If I want) :)

tarakans_27.zip

I would love to see a playthrough of Doom Zodiac. Some badass hardcore levels in there, you might like them. I'm a big fan of maps 09, 11, 13, 14, 16, etc.

Good job getting through these tough maps by the way. You are very dedicated.

Memfis said:

I would love to see a playthrough of Doom Zodiac. Some badass hardcore levels in there, you might like them. I'm a big fan of maps 09, 11, 13, 14, 16, etc.

Good job getting through these tough maps by the way. You are very dedicated.

Most of maps are primitive... probably checked badly. But I found another challenge - feckyoo. I want pass level 1,2,3 (new time record) and I think, it is possible :) I try it tomorrow. Like such madness maps.