Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Journey demos [-complevel 2]

There are some issues preventing 100% kills/secrets in some of the maps and there's also a few ugly bugs like monsters not waking up when you're in front of their face.

I've send a PM to hervoheebo and he might decide to upload a fixed version of the WAD to idgames.

If you don't want to risk your demos being desynced with a possible new version of the WAD avoid recording demos for these maps:
09, 11, 12, 13, 24, 25, 27, 28, 31

Sorry for being late, rdwpa :(

Did hervoheebo say anything about a possible update yet? It would suck if people stopped playing and then nothing happened. That's kind of how it was with Plutonia 2 IIRC.

Yes, we discussed the bugs a bit and he said he would take a look at how to fix them.

I believe the biggest problem that obstructs a quick update at the moment is finding a graceful way to sort out the branching in map31 to make 100% kills possible.

You might have noticed already, the idgames version is updated. All maps can be UV maxed now, all existing demos stay in sync.

Nice one, this little map can be surprisingly deadly. By the way, what is "complevel 2's way of muting sounds"? I've never heard of this before.

The default vanilla behavior, I believe, for example the way the silent BFG trick can be used in DM. I've noticed in aggressive runs on certain maps in -cl 2, it's really common to be silently killed somehow, which does not feel pleasant at all.