Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

Mordeth Rides Again

Okay, so the Mordeth page was updated after nearly two months of no updates (missed it by a day) with what appears to be negative progress...

I'm not going to acquire new members to make up for the loss of these two designers, because I'm sick and tired of (new) people leaving without so much as lifting a finger to help out before. Enough is enough.
So, what does all this mean? I dunno, just that we'll have to wait a while for the project to be released, but that was pretty much a known fact. If the first episode was any indication though, it'll be worth it.

Is the current team-membership system is as follows?
Mapper: "Sure, I'd love to do a map for Mordeth!"
Mordeth: "OK. You do MAPxx, MAPxx, and MAPxx."
Mapper: "You got it!"
(time passes, mapper fails to maintain commitment to project)

Perhaps one should actually DO something for the project before signing up and being assigned something to do. People could send in work that proves that they do have the skill, time, and commitment to hold an assignment in the project.

I guess the problem with that would be knowing who should get a copy of the WIP/beta. If one were to make a map for the project, one should have some guidelines so one could make his or her map fit the theme of the project.

That's just my 2 cents.

It's hard to do that in projects where the main designer wishes to keep a certain level of independence (or control) over the direction of the WAD design. It's easier for more open-type projects (like the Community Chest WAD or even Alien Vendetta.) But Mordeth seems to have a more definitive predefined concept behind it. In such cases I think it's best to stick to one's own work, and add other members only if by chance you meet some designer who is really willing to share your design views.

I'm working on a "megawad" myself, and I prefer to do it alone.

With the exception of Chris Lutz, whose conspicous absence I'm genuinely concerned about, the recent Mordeth sackings come down to one thing - laziness, pure and simple.

JoelMurdoch said:

With the exception of Chris Lutz, whose conspicous absence I'm genuinely concerned about, the recent Mordeth sackings come down to one thing - laziness, pure and simple.

I don't think thats entirely fair

fen boi said:

What do you call it when some individuals sign up and then do nothing at all for the next seven months? Or people mailing you saying "you can't force me to work and you can't force me to quit" ?

I think this project holds the record for having the greatest number of members up and leaving, surpassing even Ion Storm. Aren't we proud?

I wouldn't call some of those guys lazy, I know one of the guys has been working on quite a few projects lately.

Chris Lutz I assume. Anthony made a map or 2 for 2002ado. Chris made COD, P:AR and Millennium's boos map. (wich btw is the most impressive doom map I've ever seen. Err, rather; most impressive map I've ever seen.)

Damn, I should have asked Mord to let me join a year ago. My mapping speed peaked during last summer.

Mordeth said:

Or people mailing you saying "you can't force me to work and you can't force me to quit" ?

Did that really happen, and wth said that?

<Member> You can't force me to work and you can't force me to quit.
<Leader> You're out of the team.
<Member> YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.
/me updates homepage, this person is no longer in the team.
<Leader> Done, you're history slap tard.
<Nowexmember> DOH!

fen boi said:

Seeing as Gaston and I have been working together for about five years, and you have no inside knowledge of the team's affairs that I know of, you really can't make this call.

Did that really happen, and wth said that?

Yes, that really happened.

Chris Lutz I assume. Anthony made a map or 2 for 2002ado. Chris made COD, P:AR and Millennium's boos map. (wich btw is the most impressive doom map I've ever seen. Err, rather; most impressive map I've ever seen.)

Chris is one of the best authors I've ever seen. I've known the guy for almost five years, and during those five years I don't think he's gone a month without e-mailing me. But the contact stopped about five or six months ago. I really don't know what's happened to him :(

{quote]Well i'm in regular contact with Mr Soto. And from what I understand it's a lack of ideas/inspiration thats holding progress back, rather than lazyness.[/quote]He means, HIS lack of ideas / inspiration. There isn't a day that I don't think of something else "new and exciting" that I would want to have included :)

OOOOPS

Pushed the 'edit' button, and not the 'quote' button instead. Sorry fen boi! Please repost your original response :)

NB: Other readers: this means that the response above is actually mine, not fen boi's. Sorry again.

calm down people, it's only me we are talking about =)

fen boi: don't worry, I don't let it get to me either. In partial
it is fair enough to make a laziness claim. Gaston is definately too lazy to create the episode 3 sprites so I could finish the item placement in my level (just kidding Gaston, really :)

ebola: yes, yes, I did say that. (although I don't think my exact words were "you can't force me to work")

Gaston: I understand your mailing list actions. I don't think my 1 and only contributions needs expansion. good size imo. When ep3 is active again (and more specifically ep3 sprites/enemies are firmly done) then contact me. ok?

peaceout. fishy.

Email. Which you don't answer. And perhaps not reading either, considering we went for YOUR idea to push episode 2 first before doing anything more on episode 3. Like, months ago.

Oh, and "lazy" wouldn't be my own choice word here. More like "completely not interested".

Sign in to follow this