Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

XWE Extension

Csabo has apparently released a new version of his eXtendable Wad Editor. What's new in version 1.11?

* Added support for DeathStar.
* Added support for Chasm: The Rift.
* Added support for Outlaws.
* Added graphics support for Unreal.
* Added useless partial support for Cyberstorm.
* Added XWE Script to the map editor.
* Some other improvements.

Outlaws support is cool. I used to have the whole game - seem to have lost it though. XWE works nicely with the demo.

You go Csabo!

Now if you'd only do something about the documentation ;)

I've been meaning to add more documentation so many times. The problem is that for me everything is obvious (because I wrote it). I dunno where to start.

But I do suck at documentating XWE big time though, that's for sure. I even forgot to mention that the latest has an image editor built in.

Does XWE still put icons everywhere in windows? That quite annoyed me trying it out before...

Csabo said:

I even forgot to mention that the latest has an image editor built in.

What is the image editor based on? I.e., does it call up a native Win program such as MS Paint to work? (I imagine not, but I'm just asking.)

Law: I was actually proud of the way XWE registered the extensions. I doesn't overwrite any existing file associations, and it only adds a DefaultIcon key if it has to register a new extension which did not have an icon. This was relatively rare I thought. Anyway, I can easily add an option to remove all icons. I'll do it next week and email you a copy if you are interested.

ReX: It's written from scratch. It's a (zoomed in) pixel based editor, something that's quite useful for editing doom images and is missing from MS Paint. You can't scroll yet, which makes it difficult to work with large images, but for quick touch ups and editing things like the numbers (like the ones I did for Darkest Hour) it's just perfect. You can move with the cursor keys and draw with 1-8 keys. 1 draws a pixel with the current color, 2 draws a pixel with the current color + 1, etc. This is really cool for gradients and shades, etc.

Csabo said:

You can't scroll yet .... You can move with the cursor keys

In other words there's no scroll bar, but one can "scroll" using the arrow keys?

1 draws a pixel with the current color, 2 draws a pixel with the current color + 1, etc. This is really cool for gradients and shades, etc.

Yes, this would make it a lot easier to do color gradients. And if you hadn't mentioned it on this forum, I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out ;)