Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

World of War

I hereby declare this wad distasteful. Now I can go take look at it.

Ah, WW2. Some people just can't get enough of it obviously :)

I dunno, could be cool. ww2 games are pretty fun, but I'd really like to have a single player game before a multiplayer. Dooms hella fun in MP, but it's pretty hard to find players and all, so I think at least some single player stuff should be released along with the multi player part. My two cents.

I can honestly admit to never playing MP in Doom. That's right, at all. With my sucky connection, I doubt it's possible... yes, I'm fully aware that I'm missing out on some kickass gaming, but what can ya do?

It'll have single-player too in later versions, I already set it up so each enemy can have different AI setups. But I need more mappers, because single-player would be more mapping intensive.

Wow, I'm gonna like this. Can't wait to see some screen shots. Although I'd rather see a mod of World War 1. Too much World War 2 stuff.

Yeah although WW1, wasn't as fierce fighting and a lot less was in large cities. Plus, campaigns will be much easier to create in a WWII atmosphere. :)

WWI mod would be boring as hell. "Let's sit in this trench for 8 hours and hope we can shoot something!"

Yeah. As opposed to our favorite nameless guy who just shoots everything in sight (or gets them to kill each other). You know, he could've kicked a lot of ass in WWI.

What? Why are you looking at me like that??

Could you tell us (=me) more about the setting. West-front or East-front (that would be sooooooo cool!)? Real or fictic events?

It'll be Allies vs Axis (Americans/British) against the Nazi's. Most of the maps will be based on real events, but may be different in various ways to boost the fun factor.

I'm tired of WWII games... they're a dime a dozen nowadays.

Now, a team warfare game that'd rock would be Marines of Doom vs Hellspawn. People could choose different classes of marines or different monsters to be, each getting their own distinct powers.

Shoot It'd be fun drawing all the gfx for all the different monster attacks. Imp hand throwing fireballs, being a mancubus...

Now that's a unique team game.

GameArena said:
It'll be Allies vs Axis (Americans/British) against the Nazi's. Most of the maps will be based on real events, but may be different in various ways to boost the fun factor.

Oh come on! If it's multiplayer only, why not make it teh evil nazis Vs teh evil Reds. That way, nobody will give a damn witch side they pick!

Ct_red_pants:
Oh come on! If it's multiplayer only, why not make it teh evil nazis Vs teh evil Reds. That way, nobody will give a damn witch side they pick!

ahum, I'm sure you were joking there, otherwise I might have gotten upset...

These "evil Reds" did save the world.

To quote president Kennedy (who surely was no communist sympathiser): "no nation in the history of battle ever suffered more than the Soviet Union suffered in the course of the Second World War"
Without our red comrads we wouldn't be here, or at least not typing in the english language...

I think a Russia vs Germany would make a great game though. This because:
1. The most important battles in WWII were fought between these two countries (Stalingrad, Berlin)
2. Allies vs Germany has been done before (many times). Russia would add new element, landscape, weapons, etc that haven't been explored that much.

picture: Red Army taken over Berlin-1945

I wonder if this wad would be considered unacceptable in Germany?

"Our goal is to male this mod as realistic as possible, so in the early releases you'll only get to run round shooting nazis at close range and coming back to life 2 seconds after you die with only a pistol and finding weapons on the ground, and everytime you shoot 10 nazis in a row a booming voice will go "DOMINATION!!!" or something..Just like the real war!"-what the site should say

deathbringer said:

"Our goal is to male this mod as realistic as possible..

•° / Um...does that include tea-bagging?

m0l0t0v said:
ahum, I'm sure you were joking there, otherwise I might have gotten upset...

About teh Evil Reds Of corse! but I really would like to see a mod based the Russian front during the second world war. the only down side I could see would be that all the maps would have to be snowy, and that could get a bit dull after a while.

Yeah, they had MUD too!, and some frozen mud!, still, in the african front they had sand, and in the pacific theater they had trees and water and beaches, and in the invasion of europe they had hills and villages and beaches and france, and in the battle of britain they had clouds and sky and water and hills and villages and london, and in the blitz they had a small metal wall with a "dig for victory" on and a little transitor radio "blaring" out vera lynn over the sound of bombing all night..XD