Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

I Am in Hell

It's nice to see Maikl back on his quest. In case you don't know, he appears to have decided to record UV Max demos on every single Ultimate Doom pwad in existence in alphabetical order. Kind of reminds me of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged.

Epyo said:

fp! Thank Doomboy for teaching me how to watch demos.

props to DooMBoy. In case anyone else has a problem watching demos, Opulent provides these example command lines.

Where's the UV maxdemo 100% everything and so on and so forth demo of Helpyourselfish!? Huh!? Well, I'm waiting! Huh!? HUH!!? What me! No way, I can't do it!

*cough* hypocrite *cough*

WHAT!? What was that!

Grazza said:

It's nice to see Maikl back on his quest. In case you don't know, he appears to have decided to record UV Max demos on every single Ultimate Doom pwad in existence in alphabetical order. Kind of reminds me of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged.

Oi, have many years has this been going on? ;)

His first batch appeared in the 4/20/02 DSDA update, but some of the demos are from 1999. This document probably sheds more light on it, but without knowing which Cyrillic font he used, it's hard to say.

And he may not actually be recording them in completely strict alphabetical order, traveling through time when necessary to record on as-yet-unreleased maps. ;)

Grazza said:
It's nice to see Maikl back on his quest.

Indeed, I had been awaiting another batch for a while.

Grazza said:
His first batch appeared in the 4/20/02 DSDA update, but some of the demos are from 1999. This document probably sheds more light on it, but without knowing which Cyrillic font he used, it's hard to say.

The .txt is actually an HTML file in "Cyrillic (DOS)", i.e. "charset=cp866". I could post an English translation, if anyone is interested. It will take me some time to wade through all that 133t slang he employs so liberally =).

And he may not actually be recording them in completely strict alphabetical order, traveling through time when necessary to record on as-yet-unreleased maps. ;)

His choice of WADs and the order in which he demoes them seem to be determined by the CD(R?)s he stored them on over the years.

myk said:
Indeed, I had been awaiting another batch for a while.

So had I, incidentally. Maikl says he spent the months away from DSDA playing on ZDaemon and annotating some 2Gig+ (!) of demos he recorded in the process, heheh.

DEMOn said:

interesting... I'm glad that others enjoy his demos too.

Hell yes. Maikl's demos give a purpose to all those packets of microwave popcorn lying around in the kitchen. :)

Never_Again said:

The .txt is actually an HTML file in "Cyrillic (DOS)", i.e. "charset=cp866". I could post an English translation, if anyone is interested. It will take me some time to wade through all that 133t slang he employs so liberally =).

Thanks for the tip - I found a suitable font easily enough. I'll try to make sense of it myself - I need some Russian practice. Interesting to hear there is 1337-speak in Russian as well. Let's see: >|<0|¯|4 |¯|0/\|-|613. Well, it sort of works. ¶ 0`|3|-|6 |¯/\Y|¯|613.

Grazza said:
Thanks for the tip - I found a suitable font easily enough. I'll try to make sense of it myself - I need some Russian practice. Interesting to hear there is 1337-speak in Russian as well. Let's see: >|<0|¯|4 |¯|0/\|-|613.

You mean, no/\Ha9| >|<Ona?

Well, it sort of works. ¶ 0`|3|-|6 |¯/\Y|¯|613.

Hu xpeHa He nOH9|THO. /\y4uuE nO-aHr/\uUcKu, rpau,u,a =)

Never_Again said:
You mean, no/\Ha9| >|<Ona?

Oh yes, 9| - very clever.
I'm pretty sure that wording was what a resident of Ekaterinburg once told me, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Hu xpeHa He nOH9|THO. /\y4uuE nO-aHr/\uUcKu, rpau,u,a =)

OK, I guess you're right. But it's probably rpa33a.

Grazza said:
Oh yes, 9| - very clever

Best I could manage =).

<re: Grazza's name>

OK, I guess you're right. But it's probably rpa33a.

Depends on how you pronounce it. The word looks Italian, in which case it would be grah'-tsah. That justifies my spelling but it's your nym so you tell me.

Btw, rpa33a sounds almost like rpo3a (thunderstorm), which is pretty neat. But then you lose the Italian connection, heheh.