Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #157

deathz0r said:

Well shit, I gave up in frustration because of how annoying the battles were. I only reviewed what I saw of Spork's map up to the Hell Knight pit, because I always died there.

I'd hope you would atleast try it on HMP before quitting, but guess not. HMP is much easier.

Not everyone finds cramped battles to be annoying .. it requires you to move very precisely, instead of circle strafing around like crazy. Try to play it differently.

deathz0r said:

Not to mention it has an illegal MP3, but hey, Ty doesn't care!

I didn't notice--I don't take WADs apart in a telnet session on 3dgamers, so unless it catches my eye I won't download and check it. Like I told Myk in an email, it's the community's archive, so if people see stuff that they think shouldn't be there, let me know (and put DOOM-FTP in the subject so it'll fall out of the 75-100 spams a day).

In this case, it'll be nuked as soon as I can log back into 3dgamers. Udderdude, reupload within the rules if you like.

As for "don't care," you have finals, I have Daedalus. Meh.

Szymanski said:

There's nothing wrong in any of those design decisions, but cramped areas plus shitloads of monsters is going to limit the appeal of the map.

Says the Master of Hom. :P

BTW, Vrack3: Great stuff!

wtf, all this shit crammed into a newstuff thread? Oh well.

note to udderdude: I suggest you stop flaming people before you get bombshelled.

and Liam WAS the best ns reviewer around.

EDIT: I played udderdude's wad and I think It deserves a better review. It just needs to be less cramped.

Vrack3 is amazing!

BUT, on UV I couldn't get past the Cacodemon + revenants + Archiviles.

It was too damn tough!

Ness said:

BUT, on UV I couldn't get past the Cacodemon + revenants + Archiviles.

Look for the secret powerup in that area. You can get through without it, but it helps a lot for the second part of the maze.

People complaing that UV is too hard always makes me laugh :) Skill settings are there for a reason you know.

Little Faith said:

And you are beginning to sound like Ravage in his earlier days Ralphis.

Yes, and I am your brother.

I thought the vrack3 music was pretty nice, although somewhat repetetive after a long while.

Erik said:

I thought the vrack3 music was pretty nice, although somewhat repetetive after a long while.

"Long while"? You didn't spend hundreds of hours listening to it while running around aimlessly in the map in lack of inspiration :P

Ralphis said:

I think you suck at playing forums Railgunner

You fucking moron, don't you have anything better to do with your time than to sit and flame people for no reason?
Oh, and IMO, AndrewB was the best NS reviewer.

Udderdude has made my day many times over. Thanks man, you gave me a smile. Just not through your map, which admittedly I haven't yet played, although I will get around to it.

And Fredrik, I found the midi to be quite good.

gg Fredrik. Really good level. Detail and architecture are pretty much the best I've seen in any Doom level.

I did have a hard time with the gameplay. More specifically with keeping track of where I was in certain points in the level. The limited texture theme made it hard to tell different rooms apart so I got lost a lot. Usually I use texture clues, not detailing or architecture to help me out in this regard. I found myself wandering back and forth constantly, trying to figure out what to do next.

holy shit this thread is incredibly wrong and I'm proud to say I didn't read any of it

however, I did play vrack3 and man does it kick total ass. it makes vrack2 look like... something

but man is it awesome, grey never looked so good