Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Vavoom Lives

Janis Legzdinsh has updated the Vavoom page after a bit of inactivity with version 1.15.1 of the source port. The biggest new thing in this version is improved Strife support, with a fully-working conversational system in place, along with a few other bug fixes.

fp va va va voom

edit: strife support? holy crap monkeys, could this be the advancement we've been waiting for!?

Ralphis said:

edit: strife support? holy crap monkeys, could this be the advancement we've been waiting for!?

Only if it is ported to ZDoom...

Graf Zahl said:

Only if it is ported to ZDoom...

I was implying that, but i don't want to cut the work of Mr. Legzdinsh down since it appears he has done the most work to his sourceport compared to even most of the vets

Fuck me, Strife actually works to a large degree it would seem. I didn't play far, but I could choose quests and buy stuff. Only thing was the alarms wouldn't go off and the enemies wouldn't spawn in. I like the darken lighting feature as well, it's about the closest emulation of software light levels I have seen in a GL port.

Only thing was the alarms wouldn't go off and the enemies wouldn't spawn in.

Actually I know why it happens. In Strife they changed thing's deaf flag to standing flag (i.e. not walking around), but the code haven't been fixed and it still uses it as a deaf flag. And since all monsters that are teleporting in have this flag, they simply desn't react on alarm because they can't see the player.