Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #176

Relica Religia said:

I still say ZDOOM IS NOT the right port for decent weapons mods. No offense. EDGE is the way to go, though.

I dunno, have you tried Xaser's stuff? Some of his stuff a couple months ago was great.

Relica Religia said:

I still say ZDOOM IS NOT the right port for decent weapons mods. No offense. EDGE is the way to go, though.

Next version will be because it will contain significant weapons editing capabilities. Unfortunately its release has been delayed for some time now... :-(

Why bother making a huge weapons mod for something like EDGE? If there was a significant community which could use it it would be ok. But there isn't so almost nobody will use it. Making a weapon mod for the sake of making a weapons mod is rather pointless IMHO.

(Just look at the lukewarm reaction the most recent EDGE weapons mod got in the /newstuff chronicles to see what I mean.)

Relica Religia said:

but you can't even use edge weapon mods in deathmatch because it lacks netcode...

Relica Religia said:

Wait till ZDoom 2.0.64...creation of unlimited new weapons and new ammo types (via decorate) without replacing existing ones!

<Stimpy voice> OH JOY!!!!</Stimpy voice>

8=======D ~~~~~~~

Wait till ZDoom 2.0.64...creation of unlimited new weapons and new ammo types (via decorate) without replacing existing ones!

Sounds good! It would be excellent if you could have different ammo types, e.g. shotgun shells that came in solid slug/explosive/scattershot varieties. Not sure how that could be made to work though.

perdid03

ok, fair challenge, gutted i missed the rocket secret but ran out of ammo near the start and had to non-beserk-punch a room full of demons, not fun. i liked the sinking room trap, it worked well too that you could still easily run across the top of the pillars to get back across the room. some nice "different" stuff throughout i thought, different to the usual "dead end room, get key, 10000 monsters appear behind you instantly" gameplay that 90% of maps have. didnt play perdid02 yet but i'll give it a go.

real world

i really enjoyed this, yes it was a "bit" easy but for an hour's entertainment i can't see a problem, surely every map/multi-level-wad doesnt have to be AV hard to be considered "good fun". as it was i did enjoy blasting my way through, the eventual unveiling of the plasma gun and bfg as well as the monsterage were good and kept the challenge increasing at a very nice and steady rate. i've kept this one on my HD anyway as i think it'll keep me in stuff to demo on for a while.

e1m3 reincarnated
(see relevant thread in "wads and mods")

Finally got round to playing E1M3 reincarnated. I guess it was nice enough. Detail was good and played ok, though I think the player deserved more than 2 stimpaks in the blue key room on UV after defeating the hellknights. And people should use the 'door open stay' trigger more often. It was a pain in the ass fighting the baron and hellknights just after the blue door as it kept shutting all the time. My main problem is that it's just too much of an E1M3 rip off. Isn't this taking the idea of 'redoing' an original level a little bit too far? To some degree I'm surprised it was allowed into the archives at all.

Sign in to follow this