Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Damned Blood

Tormentor667 has finished his latest map, City of the Damned, and uploaded it to his realm. This map uses resources from his Blood Resource Pack, which (obviously) contains textures, graphics, and music stolen taken from Blood. The resource pack can be downloaded as well.

it's only stealing if somebody cares!

otherwise it's just borrowing without permission

Has anyone ever cared, when someone "stole" Quake, Quake 2 (Afterglow's), Hexen, Heretic,(Herian & others) Duke Nukem (Wolfendoom) and other 3D Games texturs!? ;) I don'th think so!

Excellent map. Very long, and I only got confused as to what to do later on in the map. The atmosphere and architecture are great. Stop reading this and go download/play it :P

Tormentor667 said:

Has anyone ever cared, when someone "stole" Quake, Quake 2 (Afterglow's), Hexen, Heretic,(Herian & others) Duke Nukem (Wolfendoom) and other 3D Games texturs!? ;) I don'th think so!

And don't forget Wolfenstein 3D (nearly all the monsters/decorations of Wolfendoom and certainly a lot of textures, too!)
Other games that have been heavily borrowed from are Strife and Hexen2.

Well at any rate totally awesome map. Very challening to boot! The music and the use of the textures really make this map shine!

Grab it, play it, love it!

I normally think Tormenters maps are a little overrated, and I usually think city maps suck, but I really liked this one. Nice architecture and theme, and pretty challenging too. I especially liked the hell-themed bit after going through the airvent, very cool indeed.

There's some pretty useful stuff in the resource wad too. Not sure about some of the 'conditions' of use set out in the accompanying text file, especially that stuff about the credits lump. A simple acknowledgement in the text file would suffice.

The Flange Peddler said:

Not sure about some of the 'conditions' of use set out in the accompanying text file, especially that stuff anout the credits lump. A simple acknowledgement in the text file would suffice.

Yes, that all looked a bit rich to me, and an ideal way to generate hostility.

This is one of those few Doom levels that still scare me shitless. It's so hard, it was almost impossible on HMP, especially at the start. At one point in time I forgot to kill a mancubus and he was left wandering around the city unnoticed. Then, once I have 13 health left and I'm walking around this corner expecting it to be clear, but I find myself submerged in a wave of flubber screaming at the top of my lungs.

Heh.

I have one question though... are you allowed to jump? Or is there some scripted way of getting the purple skullkey and some other way of getting through the air shaft?

@Earthquake - You are alloweed to jump! It's a Zdoom map :)

@Grazza&FlangePaddler - Well, the wad was a lot of work (and is also not finished) so I think, this "special" credits are ok. In some future time, I will maybe change them but not now!

Sweet, I'm going to have to play that now.

Tormentor667 - is it intentional that the date for that entry reads "14.05.03", though? ^_~

Wow - just great, exactly as you'd expect from a Tormentor667 release. ^_~ There's three small bugs I noticed, though:

* The purple skull key pick up message says "Picked up a purple skull ke" (thus missing two letters).

* The back side sidedef of linedef 6521 is not aligned correctly in Y direction - it should be 48, not 0 (or at least that's what looks right when I align the texture in Doom Builder's 3D mode).

* When you stand in the door formed by sector 1180 (after having opened it), you'll get a small visual glitch (I can send you a screenshot of this if you'd like to; it may be that this is a node building problem).

Excellent map, I quite like it. Only change the name so people don't get it confused with Heretic's first Episode :P

Its a great map, I love the kinds of maps that you spend minutes just clearing out one small area, it gives a great sense of scale. And the textures, whether people complain about them or not, are a great source of the atmosphere.

I have one gripe though, about the archvile that spawns behind you when you pick up the RL - I had to disable weapon switching just to do that bit, because every time I tried to just kill it quickly with rockets, I blew up the small amount of health I had left. I think its in a suitable place, and its quite easily dealt with, but not for the rocket launcher.

chilvence said:

I have one gripe though, about the archvile that spawns behind you when you pick up the RL - I had to disable weapon switching just to do that bit, because every time I tried to just kill it quickly with rockets, I blew up the small amount of health I had left. I think its in a suitable place, and its quite easily dealt with, but not for the rocket launcher.

I picked up the RL and quickly ran to the nearby room where the couple of Hell Knights (iirc) were and killed the Arch-Vile from there. Piece of cake.

@chilvence - This makes a real challenge ;) Killing an archi in a small room with a rocket launcher *laughs mad & evil!* "muahahahah" :) But thanks for the feedback, I will consider it in my next map :)

Slow and steady finishes the UV level I always say, it took me about 1:15 to finish, but anyways, that was one difficult map, but it has a few errors...

1. There are a few pits where you can fall and can't escape that force you to load your game and don't kill you.

2. For some reason the mirror after the purple key door that leads to the BFG will cause a visual glitch from the right angle.

3. THE FINAL BATTLE RING DOESN'T HAVE MONSTER BLOCK LINES AROUND IT! I shot one of the cybers down the hole with my BFG and I was unable to kill him after I killed the rest without cheating! That final battle ring should most definatly be tagged to block monsters.

Also, this isn't really a glitch, but there seems to be an imp or two that can teleport to the final battle ring, it loses a bit of the effect when you're being attacked by cybers and there's this one lone imp getting blown to pieces.

Otherwise, a great map and yes, the plasma rifle secret joke was absolutely terrible! Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, i also remembered a nasty bug i encountered at the final battle. If you happen to kill both of the cybos at the same time, the level doesn't end! I happened to blast both of them at once and it just said, "one more to go" even though both of them were dead and nothing happened. I had to re-load. Not very serious bug, i guess, cos it's quite an achievement to kill them at the same time i think. :P
And like cyber-menace said, you can get trapped. Particulary easily in the pit near the rocket launcher.

stoned said:

Not very serious bug, i guess, cos it's quite an achievement to kill them at the same time i think. :P
And like cyber-menace said, you can get trapped. Particulary easily in the pit near the rocket launcher.

Not a serious bug but easily fixed: Instead of giving them an ACS_Execute special they should have ACS_ExecuteAlways.

Myself, I would just use a ThingCount and Delay 1 restarting script. It's what I do on a lot of my maps. It checks the number of enemies in the script every tic and produces the neccessary effect with if statements.

The map looks extremely nice (if not a little difficult at the beginning, being bombarded with monsters and nowhere to hide, with barely enough ammo). I haven't played the whole thing yet, but I will do so.

As far as your "restrictions" on the resource pack, the one about the credits lump is ridiculous. Good luck getting anyone to agree not to modify that particular lump in their own WADs. A note in the text file should be sufficient for any author who makes something for public consumption. Especially when it's just pre-packaged resources from another game.

Cybermenace:
Why bother having a loop constantly checking that when monsters can so easily have death specials assigned that only have to execute once? The game is already monitoring whether the cyberdemons are still alive, so why add an additional loop? Seems a bit inefficient to me. I don't know how inefficient it would really be internally, though, but maybe Graf can help us out with that. I just know that logically it is inefficient.

Heh, I'm usually operating with large amounts of monsters, so I use the loop and have to do nothing more than give the monsters a similar tag. It makes my job easier. Besides I prefer scripting over most things. Need prove? Load up my DTCA Demo and check out Map19's script.

Damn it!

The map looks interesting, and I'm sure it would be a blast if I could run at a FPS with double digits. >:(

Seriously man, I wish you’d take people with weaker PC in to consideration for SOME of your maps.

Ok, well, here we go with some comments on this :)

@cyber-menace - Thx for telling, the 2 first bugs have already been finished in 1.1 (tormentor667.de) and I will now finish the 3rd one and upload it!

@stoned - Thx alot, also fixed in 1.2!

@Volt-Face - Hmm.. yes, I think you are right and that's why I'm going to change this now!

@CT_red_pants - Well, what should I say... it's a quesion of priority: What is more important? Detail for the majority of the community or playability for a minoritiy with weaker machines?!

Good to hear. I'm about to play this on Co-Op with a friend of mine so I'll go get the new version.

EDIT: WARNING! Error detected!

There is a unkown thing ! in the city streets on Co-Op. (It froze before I could finish playing it. Damn Zdoom and it's poor multiplayer!) I do not know if this is new in v1.2, or if it shows up in SP now, but I know it is most likely your 3d mode start from Doom Builder.